Chapter 17: The victor

Meredith woke up in a very white and clean room. Has she sat up she felt a very sharp pain in her leg. She looked down to see a cast around her leg. Meredith laid back down and looked up at the ceiling. She was alive and well and the victor of the 72nd hunger games. Meredith heard a door open and so she sat up again to see Finnick walk in. Meredith smile and when he got at her beg she grabbed him and gave him a hug.

  "I knew I would see you again" Smiled Finnick

Meredith wanted to smile too but couldn't, instead she started to cry. Finnick was able to feel some of her tears drip onto his shirt. He pulled away and looked at her in the eyes.

  "I know how you must feel" He told her "But you're safe now"

  "I'm a killer. I'm only twelve, I lost my friend" She cried

Finnick's heart was broken, he grabbed her and hugged her again. When Meredith had finally stopped crying and she was feeling better, Finnick started to explain to her what will happen next.

  "Tomorrow, you have an interview with Cesar. You will get all dressed up and he will ask you about the games and I want you to stay calm okay?" Finnick said and Meredith nodded "In six months it will be your victory tour but I'll tell you more about that when the time comes. In two days we will be heading back to district 4 where you will now be living with your family in the victor's village." Finnick finished saying.

Finnick left Meredith for her to rest. She slept a bit until she got woken up by someone else walking into the room. This person whore a white outfit and she seemed to be a doctor, probably the person who fixed her leg. She walked over to Meredith with a smile. She left her a glass of water and something to eat.

  "How is you're leg feeling?" She asked Meredith

  "It feels much better thank you" Meredith answered

  "You're leg was pretty badly injured, luckily it wasn't a broken bone. You're Bone was slightly dislocated and you also had a muscle tear inside your leg" The doctor explained

  "How did that cream work. I mean if my bone was dislocated how was it that cream was able to make me walk?" Meredith asked her

  "The cream took out the pain. Your leg was still functional but the pain stopped you from being able to walk. So that cream stopped the pain which made you able to walk again" She answered

Meredith was pretty surprised about how amazing that cream was. The doctor left the room and Meredith took a sip of water and ate the soup the doctor brought her.

The next morning, Meredith got woken up early by this lady dressed in bright purple outfit and bright blue hair. Meredith soon recognised her to be Juniper, her escort. She had an ugly fake smile on her face.

  "Nice to see you again" She fake smiled "Now time to get you up, we have a big day today"

Juniper clapped her hands and people started to enter the room and one of them was Meredith's stylist Tigris. They helped her up and sat her down on a chair next to a mirror in the room. Tigris had brought in a rack with beautiful dresses on it has others brought in boxes of makeup and jewelry. Meredith realized that Juniper was looking at Meredith in a hateful way. Meredith knew that Cress was her favorite and that she wanted him to win and she guess that her killing him made Juniper hate her even more.

  "I want to get her hair out of her face, I want people to see her. And for the makeup I don't want too much she still needs to look like a young girl." Tigris told the others

People started to put her hair up and put makeup on her. Tigris was looking at the rack of clothes for a dress. She would take one off, put it next to Meredith then put it back and do it again with another dress. Once done doing her hair and putting makeup on her face, Meredith stood up has Tigris gave her this white dress to try on. Meredith slipped it on and came out of the small dressing room. Tigris had a smile on her face.