Chapter 23: Kill me

Finnick, Meredith and Juniper all escorted back the two tributes to their room. It was on the same floor has last time Meredith was here but it looked a lot more different. The decorations, furniture, even some of the colour of the wall was different. Serena didn't want to talk to anyone or hear anyone and so she just walked straight into her room and closed the the door. Salton on the other hand walked around the room with wide eyes and his mouth opened.

"This is paradise" he murmured to himself.

This all reminded Meredith too well about her games and she hated it even if she knew she wasn't going to be fighting this time. She and Finnick sat at the kitchen table facing each other.

"I think you were right about them" Meredith said

"What do you mean?" Finnick asked

"About what you said in the train. This is going to be hopeless just look at them, they'll never want our help" Meredith explained

"Dinner!" Shouted Juniper has she sat down at the table and many people started to bring us food.

Salton sat down and seemed amazed to see all this food in one place. He didn't even hesitate has he filled his plate with all sorts of different kinds of food. Meredith looked around the table to see that Serena Atwater hadn't come. She got up from her chair and walked towards the door of her room. Meredith knocked and didn't wait for her to answer and walked in. Serena looked up at her and didn't say a word.

"We are all having dinner" Meredith said

"I'm not hungry" Serena answered coldly

"I know how your feeling right now but you just need to be brave" Meredith said remembering what Finnick had told her.

"Being brave. Ha! What a joke" Rudely answered Serena "get out I don't want to eat"

"You can't starve yourself"

"Yes I can. I'd rather die hungry that in those games"

"Please, just come out"

"Leave me alone!"

Serena was now shouting. Her face was red with fury. She grabbed the lap next to her bed and threw it has hard has she could towards Meredith's head. She ducked and ran out of the room. Everyone in the kitchen had heard noises coming from Serena's room and the big bang of the lamp hitting the wall. Finnick was standing up and rushed towards Meredith when she was out of the room.

"Are you okay?" Finnick asked worried

"I'm fine" Meredith answered

"What kind of behaviour is this!" Shouted Juniper "I've never seen anything so childish in all my years!"

"What happened?" Finnick asked Meredith ignoring Juniper like if she said nothing.

"I asked her to come put for dinner and well she didn't want to. I tried to convince her to come out of her room and one thing led to another and she threw a lamp at me" Meredith explained.

"I'll talk to her in the morning. Right now I think she should stay there and calm down" Finnick added

They both walked back at the table and ate their dinner without saying another word.

Everyone was now asleep except for Finnick and Meredith. Both of them were sitting down on the couch gazing into the black screen of the television. Meredith didn't always sleep, she didn't like sleeping much anymore since she would still get nightmares. Finnick stayed with her since he didn't want to leave her alone. He always felt responsible for her ever since last year. He never really understood why he had to make her feel safe or why she was so much like a sister to him. Both of them were so close to each other.