Chapter 12: Bad dreams

Meredith didn't sleep all night because of the dreams she had of the face of Maia. Seeing the knife plunged into her stomach and the life slowly leaving her body haunted Meredith.

Meredith's leg started to hurt again and she wasn't able too stand up anymore. She looked around for a big stick but nothing was there. Meredith was completely alone with nothing. That bag she had, it was gone so no food or water. The lake in front of her was salt water and she couldn't drink that. Meredith didn't know what to do know, all she had to do was wait to die since she couldn't do anything else. She looked up at the sky and did what she would usually do every night, pretend Finnick was there and talk to him.

  "Hey Finn" she said in the weakest voice "so huh, things been pretty rough has you can see. But hey i'm still alive, I don't know how but I am. I hope I get to see you again but well, you know"

Meredith stopped there since just talking made her tired.

~*~

Back in the Capitol, Finnick watched Meredith in the games nervously. This poor girl had gone trough so much but Finnick was amazed she was still alive but he knew she wouldn't be for long because of that leg. He had to do something, he had to get her sponsors and fast. He went around talking to a couple of capitol ladies telling them how beautiful they where and tried to get then to sponsor Meredith. He was able to get two women to agree. He didn't know what they would send her but he hoped that whatever it was it would help her.

He kept on watching but it hurt him seeing her all beaten up and finished. Finnick hoped that she would win or if she died for it to at least be quick. One thing was for sure if she did get out of the games, she would be paranoid . He was already able to see the paranoia in her eyes. She looked almost like Annie when she saw that boy get beheaded. No twelve year old should fight like that, no one should at all.

~*~

Meredith stayed motionless leaning on the tree to scared to move. She just hoped she would die soon since she was tired of surviving and thought that death would be easier for her. She kept on looking at the sky when she heard a noise, something like a beeping sound. Meredith turned her head to try and find the source of the sound. She then saw this thing coming down with a little parachute attached to hit. Someone had sponsored her. Waiting for it to come down Meredith watched has it got caught on a tree branch, just her luck. Meredith crawled towards it and tried to use the tree to help her stand up but even standing it was to high. She looked around trying to find something to use to get it out of the tree. She broke a branch off the tree and was able to make the thing fall.

First she opened the little letter on it and read it

For your leg -F

Meredith smiled, what would she do without Finnick. She then opened the container and inside was some medicine that looked like cream. Meredith lifter her pants and rubbed some on the cream on it. It instantly started to feel better. Meredith closed back the container and put it in her Pocket and zipped it. She then stood up and was able to hold her own weight without leaning on something. Now that she got her leg back, she felt like she could do anything. She got her small knife and went around the rainforest looking for something to hunt. She walked around trying not to make a sound. She spotted a lizard walking around. Meredith threw her knife at it and killed it. She got the lizard, skinned it and make a small fire, to cook the lizard. It took a lot of time since she wanted to make sure the fire was small enough so no one would see it and be able to track her down. Once the lizard finished cooking, she ate it and then put the fire out. It was still say so she decided to move. She walked and walked not knowing where to go now or what would happen next until she hear this sound. It was the sound that meant an announcement would be made by the capitol.