Chapter 16 : the final battle

Nor Meredith nor Jack has ever seen a storm like this before. The wind blew so hard that tree would ripe out of the earth. Jack was not able to find that cave again and holding Meredith on his back was much harder now. Jack put Meredith down and indicated her to hold on to the tree so she wouldn't get blown away by the wind. Both the then were holding on to the same thick brach, their feet weren't even touching the ground anymore. Meredith felt her fingers slipping but she was using every inch of muscle not to get blown away. The water didn't help either, it was flying everywhere like if it was raining, if you looked down it would look like the forest had flooded.

"Jack! I can't stay any longer" Meredith gasped

"Just hold on!" He shouted

And so Meredith held on. Tears started to stream down her face, she knew this wasn't going to end well for her. Her arms were hurting her, her fingers were slipping and she was so tired. Meredith looked over at Jack with a sad look.

"I can't do this anymore" She said to him

"Don't let go Meredith! Don't let go" He repeated

But has he said those words to her, her fingers slipped off the branch and she went flying. All jack was able to hear now where Meredith's screams. The wind blew her far from Jack. She landed on the flooded ground but the wind kept on pushing her. She closed her eyes waiting for the end. She felt her back slam into something, it was a tree. She put her arms and legs around it and hoped for the best. She was in so much pain, she just wanted to ripe out her leg and on top of that she now had this big pain in her back. Meredith looked around and spotted a small camera in the tree she was hugging. She looked at it and talked.

"I'm so sorry mom" she cried "I'm so sorry. Tell Dylan I say goodbye"

Meredith closed her eyes and her hears filled with the sound of wind and destruction. She then suddenly felt the tree shake and she she opener her eyes again to see half of it was out of the ground and the next thing you knew the tree fell over. Meredith had moved away from it just in time. She got behind the fallen tree to shield herself from the wind when she noticed this small hole inside of it. Meredith was able to crawl inside. Even if it was very small she was able to fit herself inside. Tired has she was, Meredith decided to close her eyes and sleep until the storm died down.

Meredith awoke from her sleep to only hear the sounds of the wind gone. No sun light came out of the hole of the tree since it was shut with branches and rocks and all sorts of other things that went flying around. Meredith's heart started to pump since she was afraid to be stuck inside this tree forever. She tried to kick her way out. She broke a couple of branches but barely. She pushed and pushed and pushed but it didn't seem to work.

Meredith then had an idea. She pulled a stick out of that pile and started to hit around the hole of the tree she was stuck it. That part was much weaker and small piece would brake off. A ray on sunlight suddenly broke into the hole. Meredith smiled and was able to stick her hand out of the tree. She then pulled it back in and kept on hitting around the hole until she was able to stick her head out. She looked around and saw that the rain forest came to complete destruction. Maybe only one tree was still standing has the others has all fallen. The ground was filled with branches and water and all shorts of other things. Meredith hit the tree one last time and pulled herself out of the hole.

BOOM

A canon went off which meant someone was dead. Meredith couldn't do much down. She sat on the tree and looked around.

Bip, bip, bip, bip. Meredith turned her head trying to find the source of the sound when she spotted a sponsor. She crawled all the way to it and picked it up. A small piece of paper was attached to it.