Chapter 8: The Snake

Meredith woke up and it was now morning and she was still alive. She was really hot and needed to drink something before she would faint. She was about to get up to get her bag when she felt something crawling up her leg. She slowly looked down to see a green snake going up her leg and around her waist. She tried her best not to freak out. She wasn't sure what to do and she had to do something fast since the snake started to squeeze her. She extended her arm trying to reach for her bag. She felt the air in her lungs leave. She finally got her bag, she opened it quickly and got the knife inside. She wanted to stab the snake but she had to be carful not to stab herself either. She put the knife to the snakes neck and slashed it. The snake became limp and let go of her falling on the ground. Meredith felt a sting on her neck start to warm up. She put her hand on her neck and felt two little whole's, a snake bite. She started to have a hard time breathing and she got very dizzy. She took the water bottle from her bag and took a ship of water. She tried swallowing it but she wasn't able to so she just spit it out. Meredith didn't know what to do, she was freaking out, she taught this was it, she was going to die.

~*~

Finnick watched the games on a small screen with other people from the capitol. He was very nervous for Meredith and felt like all hope was lost when she got bit by the snake. She had no way of recovering, the symptoms would take over her and she would die in the next 30 minutes unless she got help and Finnick was determined to help her. President Snow would oblige Finnick to prostitute himself and instead of doing it for money, he would do it for secrets. Finnick had to do something to help Meredith and he had to do it fast. He decided to go ahead and prostitute himself but this time it wasn't for secrets, it was to get Meredith a sponsor. The capitol lady that Finnick brought to bed agreed and sent a sponsor to Meredith.   

~*~

Meredith was half dead her neck, where she got bit, was all swollen up and she was barely able to breath the air and swallow her spit. Meredith had intense nausea and all she wanted to do was die so she wouldn't have to feel was she was feeling anymore. She closed her eyes ready to get taken away by death when she heard a noise, some kind of beeping. She was sure it was just the venom in her blood making her hear thing but the sound got closer and closer. She looked around and saw a metal box thing with a parachute attached to it falling down the sky, it was a sponsorship. Meredith got up and tried to walk towards the sponsor that was now on the ground.  She felt very weak and she looked horrible. She finally picked it up and barely had the straight to open it but once she did, there was a syringe in it filled with liquid and there was also a little note.

A second chance to live

-F 

Meredith took the syringe and injected the liquid into her body. At first, nothing happened and she was sure that whatever this liquid was supposed to do didn't work but, after about a minute, she felt a warm feeling go trough her body and her eyes rolled back behind her head and she blacked out.

She woke up a couple of hours later and she wasn't in the same place anymore. She was in the open near a stream of water, well not really a stream more like a puddle. It was so hot and humid in this rainforest that most of the water would just dry out. Meredith looked around trying to figure out how she got there. She soon heard a noise coming from behind a bush. She saw her bag not to far from her, she crawled over to it and took out her knife. A person soon came out of the bush and smiled at Meredith.

  "Look who woke up" He said

Meredith looked at him confused, why wasn't he trying to kill her, she kept her knife pointed at him