Chapter 26: The kiss

Meredith tried to tell the peacekeeper that the little girl meant no harm, that she didn't even steel all of the stuff, that she gave it to her but he didn't care nor even listened. He had token the little girl and left. Meredith didn't know were he had taken her nor what he was going to do with her.

"We can't just... Just leave her" Meredith said

"We can't do anything more" Dylan told her.

"There has to be!" Meredith exclaimed.

She burst out of the house and caught up to the peacekeeper.

"Let her go she did nothing wrong!" Shouted Meredith.

The peacekeeper stopped walking and Meredith banged into him. He stared down at her and she realized how intimidation he was.

"Just because you won the games doesn't mean your the boss around here" The peacekeeper growled.

Meredith didn't say anything else and the man took off with the little girl who looked back at Meredith with tears in her eyes. She wanted to jump on that peacekeeper but knew that was a bad idea. Dylan stood next to Meredith and out his hand on her shoulder.

"What do you think will happen to her?" Meredith asked Dylan.

"Dunno" Dylan answered "come on, lest get your stuff back to your house"

Dylan walked back towards the little girls house followed by Meredith. They took the stuff and brought it back. Meredith left some food and clothes just incase the little girl would come back.

"All our stuff, where did you..." Said Mrs Keene has Meredith and Dylan brought the last of the stuff inside.

Meredith gave her mother a mean look has she put the stuff down. Her mother looked at her confused. Meredith then left the house and slammed the door behind her. Mrs Keene looked over at Dylan who didn't say anything. She then walked out of the house has well and ran after Meredith.

"Mere! Mere whats wrong!" She shouted

Meredith kept on walking and didn't even bother to turn around.

"Hey! Meredith Keene!" She shouted even louder.

Meredith stopped walked and turned around with an angry face.

"Are you mad at me?" She asked

"I thought you would've figured that out" Meredith spat.

"Excuse me, don't talk to your mother like that!" Snapped Mrs Keene "now can you explain to me why your so upset"

"Because of you!" Meredith shouted "if you wouldn't have told that peacekeeper someone stole from us that little girl would still be okay at home"

"What are you talking about?"

"The person, who stole from us, she was about six. She had no mother and her father wasn't even home and now a peacekeeper took her and who knows whats going to happen to her"

Mrs Keene didn't say anything and looking down at her feet feeling bad.

"If you would've just kept your mouth shut-"

"Don't you talk to me like that!" Shouted Meredith's mother "I am still your mother. If that little girl didn't want to get in trouble she would've have stole from us"

"I can't believe you just said that even after what we've been thought" Meredith shouted back.

Mrs Keene didn't say anything after that. Dylan who was standing in the background watched the whole discussion. Meredith stormed away and Dylan followed her. They made their way at the beach and Meredith ran towards the water and kicked it. She picked up some rock and just threw them. She then fell to the ground and started trowing sand everywhere.