Chapter 25: The Little Girl

Meredith had hated her time in the  capitol. When there she watched the games in a grand room where only the mentors and some capitol people watched the games from. In the end, the winner of the games was a male from district six. It was all very a surprise to many of people because everyone thought he would die quickly. Salton died when is career allies killed him and weirdly seeing him die didn't seem to bother Meredith which made her worry. Was she now at the point that seeing people she knew get killed did nothing to her. She's been watching these games for to long. Although, It disturbed Meredith the way the hunger games were like watching some sort of sport for the capitols people. Them making secret bets on who they thought would win, how people would get super exited has someone would get killed, Meredith was just happy to be able to finally get back home.

She was on the train with Finnick on their way back to district 4. They both sat in the kitchen eating some toast with jam. Meredith had never found out who those letters she found were from and she wanted to ask Finnick so badly.

  "Does Annie send you letter when your away?" Meredith asked

  "No. She's tried before but they mysteriously disappeared on their way here. If you tell me I'm sure the capitol just didn't send it" Finnick answered

Meredith wasn't sure how to phrase her question without Finnick thinking she knew something "oh, I thought they were from her" Meredith said and straight away regretting it knowing what she said wasn't near to discreet.

  "You thought what was from her?" Finnick asked

  "The letter, huh, I found on the floor of your room when I passed next to it" Meredith lied.

  "You couldn't lie even if your life depended on it" Finnick smirked

Meredith looked down at her feet.

  "No those letter you found weren't from Annie and if you wanted to know what I was up to you could've just asked" Finnick said

  "I did try to ask but last time I did you didn't want to answer me and if those letters aren't from Annie who are they from?" Meredith asked.

Finnick sighed  "Well, I guess you were going to find out anyway. You see, president Snow and I have a deal, I prostitute myself to the capitol and Snow doesn't kill everyone I love" Finnick said casually.

Meredith's heart dropped. She had no idea that's why Finnick would leave almost everyday in the capitol.

  "He prostitutes you or else-"

"He'll kill everyone I love, yup that's it" Finnick cut off.

  "Will, will he do that to me to?" Meredith asked afraid of the answer.

Finnick didn't answer straight away which concerned Meredith. He took a deep breath and then spoke "I don't think so, or at least not yet. You're to young, only thirteen. Lest just hope the more you get older, the uglier you get"

Meredith knew he was trying to make a joke to make her feel better but it did not help. The knowledge of her might needing to prostitute herself so her mother wouldn't get killer scared her. She couldn't imagine what Finnick must be going through. Finnick did have a very flirtatious way of acting but now that Meredith knew this it made her wonder if this was all just an act to please president Snow and the capitol citizens.

The train had finally arrived back in district four. Meredith was still shaken up about what Finnick had told her. They walked out of the train and Meredith was able to see her mother waiting for her. She started to walk over to her but Finnick grabbed Meredith's shoulder.

  "Don't freak out to much about what I told you, okay?" Finnick said

  "Okay" Meredith answered.