Chapter 11: Kill or be killed

Meredith had tears running down her eyes. The sword was so close to her just with the flick of Cress's hand he could kill her. During that moment Meredith watched has Agrippa and the other taunted Jack.

"Look at you know, surrounded by your superiors, what are you going to be about it Jack" mocked Agrippa.

This made Meredith very mad. How dare he say something like that to someone so kind and pure. She wanted to push Cress out of the way and save Jack but she knew she would just get killed if she moved an inch. Agrippa took a knife out and started to get closer to Jack. He started to back away but Glaive just pushed him back.

"Whats wrong, are you scared to fight" laughed Agrippa

"Just let us go and no one needs to die" Jack said calmly

"No!" Agrippa shouted "I want to fight you, I want to see you beg for your life and the little girls before I kill you both"

Meredith was now sobbing, she knew this wasn't going to end well, she knew that there would be blood spilled today.

"Just let us go, please" Jack begged

"Why wont you fight me, scared to loose, come on lest put on a show" Agrippa continued

Jack didn't move, he just stared at Meredith a nodded trying to show that everything would be okay. Agrippa then realized that Jack was looking at Meredith and smirked.

"Get the girl on her knees" Agrippa commanded

Cress took Meredith's shoulder and lifter her to her knees. The then stood behind her and kept the sword at her neck.

"Lest fight, or she dies... Slowly" Agrippa smirked

Jack knew he had no other choice, it was kill or be killed. He then ran towards Agrippa and pinned him down. Agrippa punched Jack in the face but Jack was still on top of him. Agrippa then took his knife and gave Jack a cut on his face. He then kicked him off and jumped on him. He took the knife and tried putting it in his head but Jack caught his arm and was forcing the knife away. It was getting closer and closer to his head and he didn't know how long he would be able to hold Agrippa off.

Meredith wanted to help and she knew she had to. She then remembered she still had that knife in her pocket. She took it put trying not to make Cress she and plunged it into Cress's stomach. The sword he was holding fell to the ground and so did he. Cress was yelling in pain and the other all looked over at Meredith. She knew they would come at her so her first unstick was to take the knife out of Cress's stomach. She took it and threw it straight into Maia, one of the careers from district one, stomach. She screamed in pain and fell to the floor. Meredith couldn't believe what she was doing, she was killing people, she was becoming a young killer. She closed her eyes for a second and when she opened them she saw Glaive, the girl from district two running towards her. Meredith wanted to get up and run but her leg wouldn't let her. Glaive them jumped on her and took her knife out.

"Time to die little bitch" Glaive said and just has she was going to slash Meredith's neck open, Glaive spat out blood.

She then looked down at Meredith and fell to the ground. Meredith looked up and saw the girl from district seven Teresa. She helped Meredith up.

"You okay?" Teresa asked

"Yeah fine, but where Jack?" Meredith said concerned when she realized him and Agrippa had disappeared.

Teresa put her arm around Meredith to help her walk. They walked around for a while looking for them. They soon heard two people fighting and the noise of their fist hitting each other.

"Come on lest go" Teresa said has they walked towards the sound.

They then saw both boys still fighting but this time they where next to this lake. Teresa took out her blowgun that she had gotten recently and aimed it at Agrippa. Just has she was about to blow, someone came charging at her and pinned her down. It was the other career for district 1, Blaze.

He threw the blow gun out of Teresa's hand and started to punch her in the face. He didn't even seem to care that Meredith was there. She then reached out for the blow gun and it hit Blaze. Lucky for him Meredith missed and it hit him in the leg, but it still hurt.

"Go now and I won't kill you!" Meredith shouted

Blaze didn't think twice and he got off Teresa and made a run for it. Meredith then helped Teresa up and she gave her back her blowgun. They got closed to Jack and Agrippa. Has Teresa was going to reload her blow gun she realized she had no more poison darts. There was only one option left, to kill Agrippa the old fashion way. Teresa charged and pushed him in the water but that didn't help, he just puller Teresa in with him. Jack then jumped in and Meredith was stuck watching. Agrippa was able to crawl out of the water and when he saw me he ran towards he and grabbed me by the neck. Both Teresa and Jack froze.

"Either you die or the girl does, and I know you two have a soft spot for her" Agrippa yelled

"Let her go, she's only a kid" Jack yelled

"I already killed plenty of kids, whats one more" Agrippa said

Since he didn't have his knife anymore, Agrippa pulled Meredith into the water and started to drowned her. Jack tried stopping him but he got a rock and hit him hard on the head. Teresa then tried to but Agrippa got so deep into the water that Teresa couldn't reach and she didn't know how to swim.

Meredith was crying and begging for mercy but Agrippa kept on pulling her under water. This was it for her, has she was under she saw her life flash before her. She started to think about her mom, Dylan, her dead father, Finnick but something strange soon happened, she felt Agrippa's grip on her loosen and she felt like if she was getting swept away by a big wave. She was able to get herself out of under the water and saw that this big wave had washed over and pulled her away from her death. Meredith gasped has she tried to swim out of that wave and onto shore. Once she got onto land, she crawled her way to the nearest tree and laid back, she was safe for now. Not only was her log really hurting now but she was bruised and scratch everywhere. If you would see her laying somewhere it would look like she was dead.

Meredith was tired out of all that fighting and was happy that it was over for now. She tried to close her eyes for a bit but when she did she saw Maia and Cress's face right when she put a knife in them. She saw her killing them and that was all she could see. When she opened them again she realized what she had just done, she realized she had just killed two people in less then one hour. She couldn't believe this, she couldn't believe she was a killer now, she just wanted to be back home.

It was getting dark and Meredith was scared. She then started to hear this weird music and this hallow gram appeared to show the falling tributes. It showed Glaive, Maia and Ava, the girl from district ten who was allies with Teresa. Meredith then realized that Cress wasn't in there, guess he didn't die after all. It made her fell a but better knowing she didn't kill two people but it also made her fell more scared since she knew he already hated her and she couldn't imagine how much he would want to kill her now.