Chapter 20: The Victory Tour

Things started to get a little better for Meredith. Has the days and weeks went by, She would talk a bit more sometimes she would be able to have a full conversation. People had to be very patient with her. She was in a way like a little baby learning how to talk again.

"Hey there Mere!" Smiled Dylan who was ankles deep into the water with a spear in his hands.

"Hi" Meredith answered Uneasy to see Dylan with a weapon

"It's okay Meredith, I'm only fishing" Dylan explained softly

Meredith forced a smile and sat down on the sand. There was a bucket of fish near her, there had to be about ten fish in there. Dylan was always a very good fisher. Meredith always found Dylan very good for his age considering he was only fifteen years old. Dylan caught about six more fish when he finally came to sit next to Meredith.

"Wanna come and help me?" Dylan asked

"Fish? No, I can't" Meredith answered. Just thinking about Killing something made her sick.

"Why not, you are really good at it. You did have the best teacher" Dylan smirked with his head held high

"I just don't feel comfortable fishing"

Dylan knew exactly what the reason for this was. Meredith loved to fish before. He and Her would always go out and have these fishing competitions on who could catch the most fish in an hour. Dylan would usually win but he would sometimes let her win instead. They would love to play these sort of games and Dylan didn't want Meredith to stop doing what she loved because of that time she was in the Hunger games. Yes it was maybe a dramatic experience but he didn't want that to rule over Meredith's life. She was still young and had a long time to live and what was the point of living in fear and discomfort and just doing nothing. Dylan stood up and took Meredith's hand. They walked over to the water.

"I don't want to" Meredith said

"Just close your eyes for a moment and try not to think about anything. Pretend your floating in space and no one can hurt you" Dylan said has he brought Meredith deeper and deeper into the water. He finally let go of her arm once they were waist deep into the water.

"Open your eyes" Dylan told her

Meredith opened her eyes and was surprised to see how deep in Dylan had brought her. Dylan gave her a smirk and splashed her with water and started to laugh. Meredith gave him a sharp look and the smile on Dylan's face washed away until Meredith burst out laughing and started to splash him back.They didn't end up fishing at all. They just played in the water.

"I just remembered, there was something I wanted to give you" Dylan suddenly said and both he and Meredith made their way back to shore.

Dylan walked over his bucket of fish and grabbed something that was behind it. It was a small box. He walked over to Meredith and gave it to her. She stared at the box for a moment and opened it to find a neckless with sea cells on it. It was cute and it really warmed her heart.

"Happy birthday" smiled Dylan

Meredith was speechless. She grabbed Dylan and pulled him into the biggest hug.

"Thank you" she Smiled.

Dylan put his arms around her has well.

"There you are!" Meredith and Dylan broke away has Finnick walked towards them. Meredith was blushing

"I'm sorry to be breaking this up but I need to talk to Meredith" Finnick said

She waved at Dylan and followed Finnick who brought her back to his house. They sat down in the living room. Finnick was on one couch and Meredith was on the other.