Chapter 2

Chapter 2

       When I got home after my first day of classes, I flopped onto my bed. I was so bored and tired. I only had one class with Grayson on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, so I knew nobody in the other classes I had. It sucked, but I didn't really have to know people since my professors talked the whole time.

       Grayson came home about five minutes after me and laid down beside me. "How was class?" he asked.

       I scoffed. "Don't ask. It was boring."

       "Tell me about it," he said. "On the bright side, I got another party invitation for Friday?"

       I raised my eyebrow and looked at him. "Another party? Are you going?"

       Grayson shrugged. "I don't know. I was told it would be an awesome party, but I don't want to leave you alone again. If you want me to stay home, I will. You're more important than a party."

       I smiled and scooted closer to him, resting my head on his chest. "Good, because I don't want to be along Friday night."

       Grayson wrapped his arm around me and kissed my forehead. "I can never leave my girl alone when she doesn't want to be," he said. "Besides, last nights party was good enough to keep me in a good mood for about a week."

       "It was that good?" I asked.

       "Oh yeah," he said.

       "Did you meet any nice people?" I asked.

       He shook his head. "No. Devon and I hung out the whole time. He got invited as well but Belle didn't want to go, so he went alone."

       "Are you two friends again?" I asked.

       "Yeah, I think so," Grayson said.

       He and Devon used to be best friends until a car crash that sent Devon to the hospital. He was pissed at Grayson and was out to get him, but it was mainly because he was under the influence of his cousin, Dedrick. Devon apologized to Grayson in the end, saying he didn't mean anything.

       I looked at my watch and sat up. "I have to go," I said. "I promised Belle we would hang out today. She met a few people and she wants me to meet them."

       Grayson sighed. "Oh, alright. Leave me all alone. I think I'll cry."

       I rolled my eyes and gave him a kiss before getting off the bed. "I love you," I said.

       "I love you too, Flower," Grayson replied before I left the apartment. 

       Belle and Devon moved in together, much to Belle's parents' dismay. They thought it was a huge mistake, but she ignored them. She didn't really have a healthy relationship with her parents because of something her brother did. And since her brother seemed perfect in her mom and dad's eyes, they favored him over her.

       Belle and Devon's apartment was actually in the same building as my and Grayson's, but it was on two floors down. It was perfect for when Belle and I wanted to hang out, but we were too lazy to go anyway far.

       I knocked on the door and Belle opened it with a smile. "I was wondering when you would get here," she said. 

       "Relax," I said with an eye roll as I walked in. "Is Devon here?"

       Belle shook her head. "No, he's working right now, which is good because I need some serious girl talk right now." She led me to the living room where three girls were sitting. "This is Poppy," she said to them. "Poppy, this is Mina," she gestured to a girl with short, brown hair, "Jenna," she gestured to a girl with red hair tied in a ponytail, "and Bianca," she gestured to a girl with a blond pixie cut.