Chapter 41

Chapter 41

       Grayson looked at me as if I was crazy. "No," he said. "Absolutely not. You know how much I hate dressing up for Halloween."

       I gave him a pout, something that normally gets him to cave in. "You did in the twelfth grade," I pointed out.

       "That's only because you made me," he said. "And this time, you are not making me."

       "Pretty please?" I asked, stepping closer to him. "I really want the three of us to where a costume."

       Grayson bit his bottom lip and looked away. "No. I'm not caving in this time."

       "Please, Grayson?" I asked. "Pretty please. Halloween is today and all the costumes are going to sell out if we don't get one now. It's Ryder's first Halloween."

       "So?" Grayson asked. "He's too young for candy. It's not like he'll miss out."

       I walked in front of where he was facing and wrapped my arms around his neck. "You know what I'm going to do," I said softly. "You might as well say yes now to save some time."

       When Grayson didn't reply, I decided it was time for me to do my awesome tactic for Grayson to agree. I went on my tiptoes, pressing kisses onto his jaw, also known as his sweet spot. When he sighed, I pulled away and looked at him with a hopeful look. "What will we even do in costume, Flower?" Grayson asked. "I'm pretty sure we're too old to go trick-or-treating."

       "Grayson, come on," I said. "We're never too old to go trick-or-treating."

       "Yeah, Flower, we're nineteen and twenty," Grayson said. "And we have a kid. I'm pretty sure that qualifies of being too old."

       "Well, there's that thing in the university quad," I said. "It's not just for the university students. It's for everyone in the community, meaning it will be safe enough to bring Ryder."

       Grayson sighed once again. "Alright, fine. We'll dress up and go to that stupid thing."

       I gave him a smile before pressing my lips on his. "Thank you," I said. "Now can we go costume shopping?"

       "I hate not being able to say no to you," he grumbled as he went to the living room to get Ryder ready to leave. Ryder was finally sitting on his own, but when he did fall, he laughed. Like always.

       Once we were all ready, we left the apartment and got into Grayson's car. There was a pop-up Halloween store not that far from our apartment and I was really hoping it wasn't crowded when we got there.

       It was. Serves me right for waiting until today to beg Grayson to dress up for Halloween.

      It took a while to find costumes because, me being me, wanted all three of us to match. When I was seventeen, Grayson and I went as a greaser and sock-hop and we didn't dress up last year since I was pregnant then and didn't really want to go out.

       Grayson only wanted to wear a costume if it made him look hot. His words, not mine. We ended up finding Aladdin costumes for the three of us. Grayson was a bit iffy on wearing a costume from a Disney movie, but when he saw the one we picked out for Ryder, he was totally down with it.

       After purchasing the costumes, we went back to our apartment. I was glad we were able to find costumes today with it being Halloween and all.

       "I still can't believe you talked me into this," Grayson said, taking his costume out of the bag and staring out of it.

       "Oh, come on," I said. "Everybody loves Aladdin. Besides, with your costume, you'll be technically shirtless, so I don't know what you're complaining about. We can even sing A Whole New World!"