Chapter 28

Chapter 28

       "Here you go," Grayson said, handing me and Thalia our orders at the cafe. "A medium hot chocolate for my Flower, and a medium latte for basically the only person who isn't being a stupid jerk right now."

       "Thank you," I said as we took our cups. "I'll see you when you're on your break."

       Grayson gave me a somewhat forced smile before Thalia and I walked to a table and sat down. Even though I told people a few days ago that Grayson was definitely the father, rumors were still going around, even new ones. And oddly enough, it seemed to be affecting Grayson more than it affected me.

       "I can't believe what people are saying," Thalia said. "We're in university, for god's sake. It's not that big of a deal if someone's pregnant. And it's stupid to spread rumors around."

       "I know," I said with a sigh as I looked at Grayson. He had a slight frown on his face as he worked. I hated seeing him so upset. "People need to get a life."

       "Tell me about it," Thalia said. "So how are you doing with your pregnancy?"

       "Pretty good, for now," I said. "He kicks a lot. And I mean a lot. Sometimes I think he got the love of irritating me from Grayson."

       Thalia smiled. "It must feel weird, huh? Knowing that there's a growing baby inside of you."

       "Yeah, it is weird," I said. "Especially because he wasn't planned at all. But we honestly can't wait for him to be born. It will just be an amazing feeling holding him for the first time."

       "I bet you he will be a cutie," Thalia said. "You're extremely pretty and Grayson is....well, Grayson."

       I smiled at that, but my smile faded as soon as I saw four girls walk in; Mina, Bianca, Jenna, and Belle. Belle was still not talking to me and I could honestly care less. She was supposed to be my best friend, but she snapped at me for always being with Grayson. I mean, come on. He was my boyfriend and I lived with him. Besides, there were a lot of times where she chose Devon over me, but she didn't see me complain.

       It kind of surprised me to see Belle with Mina, however. Mina was always rude to me and she was constantly hitting on Grayson, especially when she was drunk. I guessed Belle was still extremely pissed at me. Oh well. That was her fault.

       They walked up to us and I knew immediately what was coming. "Oh, look," Mina said. "It's the whore."

       "Yeah, I don't care what you call me," I said. At first, I hated when she called me a whore but now, I didn't care. I shouldn't care what other people thought of me, especially when they were jerks. "I have a question, though. How are you even in university?"

       Mina furrowed her eyebrows, her smirk fading. "What?"

       "It's just that you're using whore in an incorrect context," I said. "I've only had sex with one guy my whole life, so I'm just a bit confused as to how I'm considered a whore. Please. Explain it to me."

       "Well, you are pregnant," she said, the smirk coming back.

       "So, then you're mom is a whore," I said. "After all, she was pregnant with you. And my mom must be a whore, too, because she was pregnant with two kids. Oh, and then my friend's husband's mom is a whore as well, but an even bigger one because she had three kids."

       "Don't forget my mom," Thalia spoke up. "She only had one kid, but she was twenty-four when she had me. Such a whore. And Grayson's mom. Four kids, right?" I nodded. "I can't believe what a whore she is."