Chapter 37

Chapter 37

       When the alarm went off, I turned it off and rolled to the side to face Grayson. He was still sleeping, though I didn't blame him. Ryder was up all night and although we both took care of him, I was able to fall asleep right after Ryder did. I didn't know if Grayson did.

       "Hey," I said softly, scooting closer to him.

       Grayson groaned. "Babe, I'm still tired. Leave me alone."

       "But we have to go somewhere," I said with a pout, though it was in vain because his eyes were closed.

       "Since when?" he asked, opening one eye to look at me.

       "Since yesterday," I said. "Tony called to talk to me. He's getting nowhere with Charlie and it's actually really hurting him. And it doesn't help that he has to go back to work today, so I thought we'd go down to the high school to visit and in the meantime, I could talk to Charlie. She seemed sweet when I met her and I know there has to be something that's stopping her from pursuing a relationship with Tony."

       "You really think so?" Grayson asked, having both of his eyes opened now.

       "Well, yeah," I said. "You know my brother and how sweet he is. There has to be something else."

       Grayson sighed deeply. "Fine, we'll go to the high school. You're lucky classes start again tomorrow and not today. What time is it anyway?"

       "Eleven," I said. "So by the time we eat, get ready, get Ryder ready, and drive all the way to the high school, school for them will probably be over by then."

       Grayson sat up and rubbed his eyes. "I'm still tired," he said.

       "I know," I said. "How about I make breakfast while you rest for a bit?"

       Grayson gave me a smile. "Sounds good, Flower." He leaned down and gave me a kiss before laying back down.

       I pulled myself out of bed and went to the kitchen to make breakfast for me and Grayson. I decided on waffles and eggs, since it was one of the few things I knew how to make. Grayson was normally the one to cook because he was better at it than me.

       By the time breakfast was mad, Grayson was out of bed, rubbing his eyes once again and walking into the kitchen. "When can Ryder sleep through the night?" he muttered.

       "He's only thirteen weeks," I said as I set the plates onto the table. "It's natural."

       "Naturally annoying," Grayson said. "I don't care how cute he is. I want my full night off sleep back."

       "Yeah, well just wait for classes to start again," I said.

       Grayson and I ate breakfast, luckily having Ryder wake up after we finished. I went to the bedroom to take care of him as Grayson washed the dishes. While I was still feeding Ryder, Grayson came into the bedroom and got changed. Ryder was done eating when Grayson was finished getting changed, so I handed Ryder off to Grayson so I could get ready.

       That was the basic everyday routine.

       When we were all ready, Grayson gently put Ryder in his carseat before we left the apartment. On the way out of the building, we ran into Devon. "How's Dedrick doing?" I asked. Yes, I know he tried killing my boyfriend, but after finding out what happened to him, I felt bad. I wouldn't forgive Dedrick, of course, but I wanted to know how he was doing.

       "He's okay," Devon said. "He moved in with my parents because they were usually there for him, even after he went to prison. He's angry at himself, though. He never wanted to take a dad away from a baby."