Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I was actually going to be leaving the apartment for once, excluding when I went to university. I feel like I had been trapped inside my house, so when Elliot called to see if I wanted to go with her to help her pick out a wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses, I said yes. Elliot's mom passed away at a young age and her best friend was still uncomfortable with Elliot getting married, so she didn't really have anyone to go with, another reason why I said yes. I considered her a good friend of mine and I wanted her wedding to be great.

When someone knocked on the front door, Grayson got up to answer. "Hi!" I heard Elliot say.

"Poppy?!" Grayson called. "Elliot's here! And so is the devil spawn!"

I rolled my eyes as I got up from the couch and walked over to the door. Both Elliot and Laughlin were there, as well as Laughlin's thirteen year old and nine year old brothers, Munro and Nick. Grayson and Munro didn't get along at all.

"Ready to go?" Elliot asked. Laughlin, Munro, and Nick were staying with Grayson to hang out for a bit since Laughlin has been feeling stressed planning for the wedding and needed to relax. And since he had custody of his younger brothers, they had to be with him.

I nodded. "Yeah, just let me put my shoes on."

"Okay," Elliot said as I put on my shoes. "And Grayson, can you try to convince Laughlin to get a new suit?"

"Why get a new one when I have one?" Laughlin asked.

Elliot raised an eyebrow. "Your prom suit? Please get a new one?"

Laughlin sighed and kissed his fiancee. "Fine, I'll get a new one. I hate not being able to say no to your cute little face. Now go and get your wedding dress. And show me after."

"Yeah, I'm still not going to show you," Elliot said as I finished putting on my shoes. "You get to wait until the wedding."

Laughlin groaned. "But that's in two months."

"Baby," Munro muttered under his breath.

"Be quiet, Munro," Laughlin said, glaring at his younger brother.

Grayson gave me a hug before I left. "Go have fun," he said. "And call me if you need anything."

"I will," I said. Grayson smiled and gave me a quick kiss. I then left with Elliot so we could head to the wedding boutique she told me about. It wasn't far from the apartment, thankfully. We were going to be walking and I didn't want to walk for too long. As soon as we walked into the boutique, one of the workers approached us. "Hi," she said with a warm smile. "My name is Maria. How can I help you today?"

"We're looking for both a wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses," Elliot said, returning the smile.

"Is there any type of dress you want?" Maria asked.

"Something simple," Elliot said. "My fiance and I don't want to go too crazy with the dresses."

Maria nodded and gestured for us to follow her. she led us to the wedding dresses section and to a certain rack. "Theses dresses are simple and not too extravagant, but still very gorgeous.; See something you like? If you choose more than one, you can try them on to see which one you can see yourself getting married in."

Elliot smiled as she began looking through the dresses. It wasn't long before she stopped, looking a bit speechless. "Whoa," she breathed. "It's so pretty."

I looked at the dress she chose and couldn't help but smile as well. It was such a simple dress, but that was what made it beautiful. "It's amazing," I agreed.