Chapter 31

Chapter 31

       I hated final exams more than anything, especially at university. They were way harder than final exams at high school, but that was life, I guess.

       Grayson and I were counting down the weeks until Ryder's due and right now, on the last day of final exams, there were six weeks and two days left. Of course, he might not be born on the due date/ He could be born early, or late. 

       "Good luck on your exam," Grayson told me. He just finished his last one and decided to walk me to the lecture hall where my last one was. "I should be here by the time you finish."

       I gave him a smile and kissed his cheek before going into the lecture hall. I couldn't wait until I was finished the exam because then, we would have three months off before heading back since we weren't going to do a summer term. That would be too much for us to handle with Ryder on the way.

       I sat down and waited for about five minutes before my professor handed out the exam booklets. When he told us to began, I flipped through the booklet, looking at each answer. The were varied in difficulty; some I knew off the bat and others looked very confusing. 

       I started the exam, taking my time, even though I wanted to get it over with. However, I'd rather get a good grade and take my time than rush through it and get a bad grade.

       When I finished about half of the booklet, I was starting to get very thirsty. I opened my bag, looking for my water bottle that I took everywhere since my doctor told me to stay hydrated. But it wasn't in there, so I must have left it at home.

       I quietly sighed and continued with the exam. I was going to have to wait, even though I really needed the water. 

       It wasn't long before I was starting to feel a bit dizzy. It didn't help that it was extremely hot in the room.

       I couldn't take it any longer. I got up from my seat and walked over to my professor. "Can I get a drink of water?" I asked in a quiet voice.

       "I'm afraid I can't let you leave until you finished your exam," he said. "Even in your situation, I can't break the rules for one student."

       I sighed, but nodded. "Okay, I understand." It was worth the try. It wouldn't be fair if he let me leave for a minute because for all he knew, I could be looking up answers to questions.

       I went back to my seat, but I found it too hard to concentrate. I was just about to start choosing random answers when the professor looked at the door and say, "Can I help you?"

       Everyone looked towards the door, only to see Grayson standing there. "Uh, my girlfriend forgot this," he said, holding up my water bottle. 

       My professor got up and walked over to Grayson. They exchanged a few words before Grayson gave him my water bottle and left. My professor than walked over to me and gave me the water bottle. "I believe this is yours," he said. "You're lucky he saw it at your house and decided to bring it." I was extremely lucky.

       After taking long sips out of my water, I was feeling better and was able to concentrate again. I wasn't the first one to finish the exam, but I finished before a lot of people.

       I handed the booklet in before gathering up my stuff and walking out of the lecture hall. Grayson was, as promised, waiting for me there. "Hey, how was it?" he asked.

       "It was okay," I said. "Thank you for bring my water bottle, by the way. I could not concentrate at all because of how dehydrated I was."