Chapter 15

Chapter 15

       "Babe, can you hurry up?!" Grayson called from the front door. "Your parents want us there in fifteen minutes and it takes us at least twenty minutes to get there!"

       I sighed, grabbing one of Grayson's sweatshirts and pulling it over my head. Before I walked out of our bedroom, I saw the ultrasound picture laying on my dresser. I picked up up and put it in the sweatshirt pocket.

       Today was the day. The day I had to tell my family. I couldn't hold it off any longer, especially because Dr. Shay told me I could start showing as early as twelve weeks, and in three days, I would be twelve weeks.

       I grabbed my suitcase since we were going to be staying at my mom and dad's house for the weekend. I missed them a whole lot and I thought it would be good if I were to stay longer than one day.

       I had to admit, I was stalling a bit, but Grayson wouldn't put up with it. He was starting to get very impatient. "Come on, let's go," he said when he saw me. I put on my shoes, taking my time without making it too obvious. By the time I was finished, he looked even more impatient. But he didn't say anything. He just grabbed my hand and gently pulled me out of the apartment, closing the door behind me.

       I was still wondering how I could tell my family. It wasn't going to be easy to just say, Hey, I'm pregnant. I wanted to ease it into them. I didn't know if it was possible.

       "I know what you're thinking," Grayson said once we were in his car and driving to the house. "You're trying to think of a way to tell your family. Just say that you're pregnant."

       "It's not that easy," I said. "Even though they are understanding, I'm worried about what my mom might think. She was always so protective and on the edge after what happened with Ben."

       "Don't go there, Poppy," he said. "Us having sex and making the baby has nothing to do with the fact that he almost raped you. The keyword is almost. And you two weren't dating when he decided to be a jackass. We are dating, so it's different."

       I sighed. "I know. I can't help it. I'm worried about what they will say."

       "Like I've said before, they won't be mad," Grayson said. "You're not in high school. You're in university, you're moved out. They see you as a responsible, young adult who can make her own choices."

       I didn't say anything else for the rest of the ride. I really hoped Grayson was right.

       We got to my parents' house in about twenty minutes. Grayson turned off his car and faced me, brushing a strand of hair out of my face. "They won't be mad," he said again before giving me a quick kiss.

       We got out of the car and walked inside the house. My mom immediately rushed over and gave me a hug. "Oh, Poppy! I missed my little girl so much! You never came down for a visit!"

       "Sorry," I said as I hugged her back. "University has been very stressful. And you can always come to our apartment to visit."

       "That's true," she said before moving over to Grayson. She gave him a hug. "Hi, Grayson. It's nice to see you again."

       "You too," Grayson said, hugging my mom back. I loved how my parents got along with Grayson, my dad especially. "Sorry we're late. Poppy took forever."

       "Oh, it's fine," Mom said. "I was just setting the food on the table. By the way, Gale and Graeme are here as well."

Grayson furrowed his eyebrows. "Really? I thought they would have spent Thanksgiving with our parents."