Chapter 8

Chapter 8

       "Grayson, are you almost done with lunch?" I asked. "I'm starving!"

       "So you've said a dozen times already," Grayson said from the kitchen. "Seriously, though, you had a huge breakfast and you're still hungry. Why?"

       I shrugged. "I don't know. I'm just hungry."

       "You've been just hungry for a few days now," he said as he walked out of the kitchen, sitting down on the couch and handing me a plate with quite a large sandwich.

       "It probably has to do with stress," I said. "University life is stressful."

       "True that," Grayson muttered as he took a bite into his own sandwich. 

       It wasn't long before someone knocked on the front door. However, Grayson basically ignored it and continued devouring his sandwiches. He sure loved his sandwiches. I sighed, placing my plate on the coffee table and getting up from the couch.

       When I opened the door, I couldn't help but smile. "Tony!" I said happily, wrapping my arms around my older brother. "What are you doing here?!"

       "Well, I thought it was time to visit my little sister," he said, ruffling my hair.

       I stepped aside, allowing him to walk in. I closed the door behind him as he took off his shoes. "Nice place," he said. "Hi, Grayson."

       Grayson gave my brother a wave, still devouring his sandwich. Tony followed me to the living room, sitting down on the chair we had as I took my spot back on the couch to continue eating my sandwich.

       "So, how's university?" he asked. "Stressful, right?"

       I scoffed. "You have no idea."

       "Uh, Poppy? You know I was in university already, right?" he asked.

       "Well, yeah, but you never took Intro to Biology," I said.

       Tony gave me a weird look. "What are you talking about? I studied biology. I'm a biology teacher!"

       I shrugged as I took a bite in my sandwich. I was still starving even though I did have a big breakfast. I had been really stressed for the past couple days and I was usually a stress eater. That definitely planned a part in my hunger.

       "So, besides it being stressful, are you enjoying the university life?" Tony asked. "I bet there are loads of parties."

       "Loads of parties, yes," I said. "But I haven't been to one yet. Grayson, on the other hand, can't seem to stop getting invites from them. Almost every day, it's party invitation after party invitation. I don't know how he does it."

       "Wait, you've been in university for how long? A month?" Tony asked. "And you haven't been to a single party? Are you crazy?"

       "Not everyone likes parties," I muttered, taking one final bite out of my sandwich. I sighed, leaning back in the couch and turning my head to look at Grayson. "I'm hungry."

       Grayson nearly choked on his sandwich. "Again? Are you serious?"

       "It was a small sandwich."

       "It was a large sandwich," Grayson objected. "Go eat some chips or something."

       I got up from the couch and went to the kitchen, grabbing a bag of chips from the cupboard. When I sat back down on the couch, Tony gave me a concerned look. "Are you okay?" he asked.