Chapter 6

Chapter 6

       If there was one thing I hated about school, it was waking up early, even if I did get enough sleep. My alarm went off, causing me to groaned loudly. I turned it off and rubbed my eyes as I sat up. I looked beside me, seeing that Grayson's side of the bed was empty. Odd. He hated getting up early and normally slept through the alarm.

       I sighed, pulling myself out of bed and walking to my dresser. I pulled on a pair of jeans and a loose-fitting tshirt before walking out of the room.

       "Morning, Flower," Grayson said from the kitchen. He was at the stove, cooking what I think was sausages and scrambled eggs. "Have a good sleep?"

       I was still a bit mad at him, so I just rubbed my eyes in reply.

       "Still mad?" Grayson asked as he turned off the stove. He then grabbed two plates from the cupboard and served food onto it. He walked to the table and set them down. "I apologized, okay? I honestly forgot about us working on our assignments together. Like I said, people needed help with understanding the lecture and then I got assigned a group project and we decided to meet. I know I promised to work with you, but I did forget."

       I looked down. "It hurt a lot, Grayson. I know you have other things to do but you promised and you've never broken one of your promises before. It hurt."

       "I know, and I'm really really sorry," he said. "I won't break another promise, okay? To make it up to you, I even made breakfast and you know how much I hate waking up early. It's worse when I was working hard on the assignment and didn't finish until eleven."

       I gave him a faint smile and wrapped my arms around him. "You're forgiven. Sorry I got so mad. I was just under a lot of stress from the assignment."

       "It's okay," he said. "You have every right to be mad. Come on, let's eat breakfast, then we'll head to the cafe for coffee. My treat."

       "It's always your treat," I said. "You refuse to let me pay whenever we're together. I can pay for myself."

       "There's really no point for you to pay," he said. "We live together and basically share the money we have. That, and I'm awesome."

       I rolled my eyes as I began to eat. "Sure you are," I said sarcastically. I took one bite of the scrambled eggs and was immediately shocked about he delicious it tasted. "Holy crap. I had no idea you knew how to cook." I was the one who did all the cooking, which I didn't mind, so Grayson never cooked for me before.

       He was even better than me.

       Grayson gave me a smile. "There's a lot you don't know about me. Just kidding, you know pretty much everything about me. I don't cook that much, but I do know how to use spices properly."

       "You need to cook for us more," I said. "You know, if you ever get out of bed."

       "Ouch, you wounded me, Flower," he said. "I think I have to go to the hospital now. My heart just broke in a million pieces."

       I rolled my eyes. "Haha. Very funny. But seriously, you have to cook for us more. This is really good."

       "Anything for my girl," he said before learning over the table and kissing my cheek. "Now hurry up and eat if you want to go to the cafe before class."

       After we finished eating, we put our plates in the sink and grabbed our bags, making sure our assignment was in there. I had to quickly print mine off before we head out, though, since I went to be early last night.