Chapter 30

Chapter 30

       I groaned and leaned back in the couch. "Grayson, can Ryder, like, be born already?" I asked, my lips curling into a pout.

       "Yeah, I have no control over that," he said. "Don't worry, Flower. Two months left. Eight weeks. Hopefully. He might be born late."

       "I hope not," I said with a sigh. "He kicks too much and it's getting really annoying. I'm making food, he kicks. I'm trying to nap, he kicks. I'm trying to listen to a lecture at university, he kicks. That's the worse."

       "Just think, final exams are in two weeks," Grayson said. "And after that's over, we have all the time in the world to focus on Ryder when he's born. Well, not all the time since we'll be going back to school in August. But I can't wait for him to be born."

       "Me too," I said just as Grayson's cell phone rang.

       He picked it up off the coffee table and answered it. "Hello?....Hey, how is everything?....Not bad? Don't tell me it's easy living with that devil spawn....He called me an old man! You know what, that's not the point. Why are you calling exactly?....Because you've never called just to chat....No way, seriously?! Elliot, that's amazing! Then again, I knew it was going to happen soon....Well, you are married now. Everyone's expecting it....I'm serious. Congratulations, though. How did Laughlin take it?....Ah, well he seems like that kind of guy. Well, I have to go. Poppy and I are going shopping for baby stuff today because we have two months until the due date....Okay, call if you ever need anything. After all, Poppy and I are experts at the whole thing now....Shut up, we totally are. Okay, bye."

      "What did Elliot say?" I asked when Grayson hung up.

       "She called to tell me that she's pregnant," Grayson said.

       I smiled at that. "Really? Is she excited?"

       Grayson nodded. "Yeah, both her and Laughlin, mainly Laughlin."

       "That's great," I said. "I can tell they're going to be good parents, especially after seeing the way Laughlin raises his brothers."

       "I know," I said. "Anyway, we should probably get going. We can't hold off baby shopping any longer."

       I snorted at that, which caused Grayson to furrow his eyebrows. "The way you said it made it sound like we're going shopping for babies," I said with a smile.

       Grayson rolled his eyes and kissed my forehead. "You are a weird one, Flower," he said in an amused tone. "Come on, let's go."

       Grayson and I headed out of the apartment and to his car. He drove us all the way to the store we decided to shop since it had a lot of baby stuff, which we needed. We were going to be needing a lot; a crib, clothes, diapers.

       As soon as we got to the clothes aisle, I was in love. The clothes were so cute. I mean, there was a leather jacket for a baby boy. "Grayson, look at this!" I gushed as I took the jacket off the rack. "It's so cute."

       Grayson rested his elbows on the handles of the shopping cart. "Tell me, will you be freaking out over every single piece of clothes?" he asked.

       "Probably," I admitted. "Can we get this?"

       "Don't ask me," Grayson said. "If you want it, we'll get it. But please, don't throw dozen of clothes in there. Knowing you, you'd be grabbing anything you find cute and putting in the cart."

       "What? That's....actually, that's true," I admitted before putting the jacket in cart.

       I ended up freaking out over almost every piece of baby boy clothing. Just imagining Ryder wearing the clothes made it even harder not to freak out.