Chapter 33

Chapter 33

       "Grayson?" I asked. "Are you almost done?"

       "Not yet," Grayson replied.

       "....Can you hurry up?" I asked. "I want to get home."

       Grayson looked up from Ryder and looked at me, giving me a faint smile. "Home can wait," he said before turning his attention back to Ryder.

       Grayson was possibly the best dad I had ever seen. Even though Ryder was only born a week ago, Grayson gave him so much attention. Grayson was always holding Ryder and snuggling with him. I loved seeing the two of them together so much.

       "Grayson, you can always snuggle with Ryder later," I said. "Now can you please put him in the carseat so we can go home and get out of the hospital?"

       Grayson sighed dramatically and carefully got up from the seat he was in. "He's just too cute to put down," he said.

       I smiled. "I know he is and I want to hold Ryder and snuggle him as much as you do, but I've been in the hospital for a week and I miss our home. Don't you?" Grayson stayed with me the whole time, only going home to have a shower and change his clothes, or when he had to work. Then he stayed with me for the rest of the day.

       Grayson gently placed Ryder in the carseat and carefully buckled him up. "I still can't get over the fact that he's born," Grayson said softly, chuckling when Ryder held onto Grayson's fingers with his tiny hands.

       I couldn't get over the fact either. I was a mom now. Grayson was a dad. I had just gotten used to the idea of being pregnant, and now I wasn't pregnant. Now, my son was born.

       Grayson's parents ended up finding out since his dad worked in the hospital and he somehow found out that I was a patient. They visited once, but their focus was only on Ryder. They didn't ask how Grayson was doing, or how I was doing. And Grayson hated it.

       It was different when his siblings visited. They did visit mainly to meet their nephew, but both Gale and Graeme asked how the both of us were doing. They were there to visit all three of us, not just Ryder.

       "Ready to go?" I asked Grayson, who was probably going to deny.

       "Not yet," Grayson said. I sighed. Of course not.

       "Grayson, I love him too, but I really want to go home," I said. "Please."

       "But look at this," Grayson said. "He's holding my finger. Don't tell me that isn't cute."

       "It is cute, but I want to go home," I repeated. "And when we're home, you can snuggle him all you want."

       "Fine," Grayson said before slowly taking his finger out of Grayson's grasp. He then picked up the carseat and I picked up the diaper bag before walking out of the hospital room. I was already discharged, so we were able to leave right away.

       When we got to the car, Grayson put the carseat in the middle of the backseat, making sure it was strapped in tightly before climbing into the driver's seat. I really couldn't wait to get home. I really wasn't that fond of hospitals because of past experiences of seeing Grayson there. When he was in a coma. Ever since that happened, I always hated being in hospitals.

       Grayson pulled into the underground parking of our apartment and as soon as he got out of the car, he went to the backseat to get Ryder out. He was the one wanted to carry Ryder, though there was no surprise there. Rarely did Grayson ever want me to hold Ryder.