Chapter 50 | Final Chapter

Chapter 50

       "Psst, Poppy," a voice said in a loud whisper. "Flower, time to get up."

       I groaned and turned on my side. "Go away."

       "Now what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't wake you up nicely on your birthday?" Grayson asked.

       "An awesome one so I could sleep," I muttered.

       Grayson snorted before I felt his lips on my neck. He moved closer to me, trailing kissed all the way down to my collarbone.

       "Grayson, I'm trying to sleep," I whined. "Stop doing that."

       Grayson pulled away and gently turned me over so I was facing him. "Flower, it's a Wednesday today, which means we both have a class."

       I sighed. "I know."

       Grayson smiled and gave me a kiss. "I'll make breakfast today while you get ready. And happy birthday."

       "Thank you," I said before kissing his cheek. I got off of the bed and headed to the washroom to shower. After I finished showering, I got changed and blow-dried my hair, before going in to the kitchen. Grayson was just finishing up with breakfast and I honestly wasn't surprised to see bacon.

       Once breakfast was served, Grayson went to our bedroom to get Ryder. He placed him in the high chair and, like usual, gave him tiny pieces of bacon. He also made some baby cereal and fed it to him while we ate.

       When we were done eating, I got Ryder ready to go while Grayson cleaned up breakfast. I had to wait a bit longer for us to leave for class since Grayson still had to get ready.

       As soon as he was ready to go, I placed Ryder in his stroller and we left the apartment. We were only on our second year of university and I honestly couldn't wait until Grayson and I were finished. We had to put our focus on both Ryder and university but as soon as we were finished, we could focus on Ryder and, well, us.

       Like usual, we stopped off at the cafe to get come coffee and cookies before going to class. We barely got any sleep since we both took turns taking care of Ryder for the night. The coffee and cookies were definitely going to keep us awake.

       We got to the university and went to the lecture hall for our first class. I was happy we only had two today, both of which were together, like we planned. 

       Grayson and I sat down beside the exit, since we sometimes had to leave if Ryder started crying and wouldn't stop, or if he was babbling way too much, and it was usually the latter. 

       I took Ryder out of the stroller, getting his stuffed otter from the basket of the stroller to keep him occupied. "I'll take the notes today," Grayson said. "You took them last time."

       "Okay," I said as I sat back down in my seat.

       Belle soon walked into the lecture hall. When she saw me, she smiled and sat on the other side of me. "Happy birthday, Poppy," she said. "How does it feel being twenty?"

       "Kind of different," I said. "I mean, I'm just a year older, but I'm no longer in my teens. But hey, at least I'm not as old as twenty-one."

       "See, I told you is was old," Grayson said.

       "I was kidding," I said.

       "I wasn't," Grayson said.

       Ryder suddenly looked at Grayson. "Dada!" he announced, holding his arms out for Grayson. "Dada!"

       "I'll take the notes today," I said.

       "Are you sure?" Grayson asked.

       I nodded. "Yeah, here." I handed Ryder to Grayson.

       Ryder laughed and placed his tiny hand on Grayson's face. "Dada!"

       Grayson chuckled and kissed Ryder's cheek. "You're a weird little baby, aren't you?" Ryder's reply as to blow a raspberry. Grayson smiled and turned Ryder around to sit him on his lap. I gave Ryder the stuffed otter and that immediately occupied him.

       I ended up having to be the one to take the notes for me and Grayson today since Ryder refused to let me hold him. He always was fine with it, but I guess today he was in the mood for only Grayson to hold him.

       However, our two classes went by pretty fast. we were soon down with university for the day. We headed back to our apartment but before going into the building, Grayson told me that he wanted us to go to the park by my old house.

       When we got to the park, I put Ryder in the stroller and we just walked around the park. "Flower?" Grayson asked. "If you could change anything in your life, would you do it?"

       I thought for a bit before coming up with an answer. "Honestly, no."

       "Really?" Grayson asked with furrowed eyebrows. "Not even the whole thing with Ben and Belle?"

       I shook my head. "Not even that. I'll put it this way. That whole thing made Belle hate me and she made my life horrible at school. And one day, in the eleventh grade, she decided to lie to the principal and got me sent to detention. I've never been in detention before and I hated it. And to make things worse, Belle's boyfriend was in there and decided to bug me even though he didn't know what was going on between me and Belle. But then....Then this amazing guy who didn't even know my name stood up for me. And from that point forward, whenever Belle or Devon was being a jerk to me, that amazing guy stood up for me. And I slowly began opening up to him and I fell in love with him. That guy is the reason I was able to get over what happened with Ben. That guy is the reason I have a smile on my face almost every day. But, more importantly, that guy gave me the most wonderful gift in the world. Ryder."

       Grayson stopped walked and faced me, giving me a smile as he rested a hand on my cheek and wiped a tear away that I didn't even know I had. "I wouldn't change anything as well," he said. "If I could have stopped my dad from abusing me and my mom from leaving, I wouldn't have turned out the way I did. I wouldn't have gotten into trouble all the time and I wouldn't have been sent to detention that day. I wouldn't have seen a beautiful girl being bullied and I wouldn't have stood up from her. I wouldn't have fallen in love with her and I wouldn't be standing here right now with my beautiful girlfriend and my son. I love you, Poppy."

       "I love you, too," I said quietly, a few more tears escaping. Grayson pulled me into a hug and I wrapped my arms tightly around him.

       Grayson Prince was someone I never though I would fall for. Before that fateful day in detention, we never spoke. We never looked at each other. We barely crossed paths. Then it happened. He stood up for me and we slowly fell in love.

       Who would have thought that I found the love of my life in detention?

_______________

I'm crying right now. Holy crap, I'm going to miss Grayson and Poppy so much. Well, not too much because they will be in Ryder the Love Expert and I will be doing the bonus content book, but their story is over.

I'm going to be working on the epilogue after I do my homework, which I have to work on after I publish this. So, the epilogue will be up in three to four hours, depending on how fast I do my homework, but I'll try to do it fast.

AND PLEASE DON'T GET MAD THAT GRAYSON DIDN'T PROPOSE. cx