Chapter 9

Chapter 9

When something very creepy jumped out on the TV, I squealed and hid my face in Grayson's shoulder. "I really need to stop watching horror movies," I muttered.

Grayson chuckled and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer so I could hid in his chest. "I don't get you, Flower," he said. "You play games where you decapitate other people, yet you hate creepy jump scares."

I looked up at him. "Well, when we play games, I'm in control of my player. I know what's about to happen." I let out a sigh and turned back to the TV. I liked horror movies, but I hated watching them, if that made any sense. They were really captivating and kept me on my feet, but I really hated the jump scares.

Grayson's phone suddenly beeped with a new message. He looked at it before scoffing and putting it back on the arm rest it was laying on.

"What it is?" I asked.

"My friend won't stop throwing parties," he said. "That's a main reason I keep getting invitations. I met the host to the first party I went to. I swear, he was a party problem. There's one tonight in about half an hour."

"Want to go?" I asked.

"Nah, I'd rather spend time with you," he said.

"No, I mean, do you want us to go?"

Grayson looked at me, scrunching his eyebrows together. "Wait. Are you telling me you actually want to go to a party?"

"Well, I will if you really want to," I said. "You've missed some parties to hang out with me and it's only fair that I go to at least one with you."

Grayson smiled for a few seconds before looking concerned. "But are you sure you want to go today?"

I knew what he was talking about, so I sighed. "Grayson, I'm fine. I'm not sick or anything."

"I still think you are," he said. "You've been very hungry lately and you've been dizzy. And don't tell me it's stress because I really think it isn't."

I turned off the TV and stood up from the couch, pulling Grayson up with me. I took my hands in his and gave him a reassuring smile. "I promise that it's stress," I said. I went on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek. "But thank you, for caring about me." I then pulled him to our bedroom since I had to find something new to wear. "I haven't been to a party before so I have no idea what to wear. Help me?"

Grayson went to the closet and looked through the clothes for a bit before pulling out a dress. It was one of my favorites; a strapless dress with a vertical black and white stripped pattern. The skirt was black that was shorter in the front and longer in the back. "This one," he said. "You look gorgeous in it and it's not too revealing so other guys won't look at you."

"I'm sure they won't if you gave them your famous 'back of my girl' look," I said as I took off my current clothes -sweats and one of Grayson's shirts- to put on my dress. Grayson gave that look to basically any guy who talked to me, even if it was school related. One time in high school, this one guy who sat close to me asked me what the homework was after class and Grayson gave him a dirty look. He never asked me again.

"If it works, I'll do it," Grayson said. "Why do girls get dressed up for parties?"

"Don't ask me," I said. "You're the one who picked this dress out for me."

"Yeah, because you would probably say no if I give you one of my shirts to wear," he said. "Even though you look extremely sexy in my clothes."