Chapter 19

Chapter 19

       Final exams were the worst. The exams were all week and I was stressing out so much. Grayson and I basically spent all of Sunday going through all our notes. When Monday came, I honestly wasn't ready at all, but I had to try.

       Then came Tuesday and I was feeling a bit better. Finally, the week passed and I was confident I did well on my exams. And now, we were officially done our first term.

       Well, I was. Grayson and I had different exams at the same time and I finished before him, so I was waiting outside for him. We didn't have work today, so we could pig out on food and watch Netflix like we normally did when he wasn't working.

       Clare suddenly walked up to me. "Poppy, I have a question," she said.

       "What?" I asked.

       She gave me a smirk. "I'm just wondering why that worker at the cafe accepted your number. Did you bribe him?"

       I raised an eyebrow. "And why would I do that?"

       "Well, I mean, look at you," she said. "You're not really that pretty."

       "Yeah? Well, I'll have you know that the worker has called me babe, smoking, so damn perfect, sexy as hell, and a bunch of other names."

       Clare raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, in your dreams. There's no way he would ever say that to someone like you."

       "I don't know what your problem is, but I'd appreciate it if you would go somewhere else and not talk to me," I said. 

       It was then that I saw Grayson walk out of the building, thankfully. I couldn't put up with Clare any longer. She was just as bad as Mina.

       I walked over to Grayson and he wrapped his arms around me, almost lifting me off the ground. "I'm so happy we're done with the exams," he said. "And now we have a two week break. Just you, me, and Netflix."

       "Yay," I said without that much enthusiasm.

       Grayson frowned. "What's wrong?"

       "Nothing," I lied.

       "Flower, don't give me that," Grayson said. "I know you and I can tell when you're lying and when something's bothering you. What's wrong?"

       I sighed, looking at the ground. "It's just....I'm tired of girls bothering me just because I'm your girlfriend. So many girls like you and a lot of them either tell me that we're eventually going to break up or that I'm not pretty enough."

       Grayson cupped my face in his hands and made me look at him. "Poppy, don't listen to them, okay? You are the most beautiful girl ever, no doubt. I love you so much and you will be the only girl that will have my heart."

       "But...."

       "No buts," Grayson said. "If someone ever tells you that you're no pretty enough, tell me because I will sure as hell convince them and even you otherwise." To top it off, he leaned down and pressed his lips on mine. When he pulled away, he gave me a smile. "Feel better?"

       "Yeah," I said softly. "Thanks."

       "Let's head home," he said, taking my hand in his. "We can do some Netflixing and order some pizza."

       "Netflixing?" I asked as we started walking to our apartment. "Really?"

       "Don't judge me," Grayson said. "Netflixing is officially a new word. Hey, want to get some of your cookies? I get discounts now so it will be cheaper to get your cookies since someone has to have at least one everyday."

       "I'm sorry that I crave the cookies everyday," I said. "It's still your fault."

       Grayson gave me a flat look. "Seriously, Flower. Stop blaming me."

       "It technically is your fault," I said as we got to the cafe. He held the door open for me before following me inside.

       Grayson sighed. "I'm not even going to argue anymore. Sure, it's all my fault even though it takes two to make a baby. But hey, what do I know?"

       I just gave him a smile and kissed his check before we got to the front of the line. Grayson ordered five of the white macadamia nut cookies as well as a few brownies because he was as obsessed with those as I was with the cookies.

       After paying for the treats, we headed to our apartment. I immediately flopped down on the couch after taking off my shoes while Grayson went to the phone to order pizza. We did that a lot; order pizza while we went on Netflix. After everything that was going on, it was relaxing.

       When the pizza arrived, Grayson sat down beside me on the couch, placing the pizza on the coffee table. He picked a movie, making sure there were no hot guys so I wouldn't ogle them. I had to roll my eyes, but it was adorable at the same time.

       "So, your next ultrasound is in a few days," Grayson said. "You think we'll find out the gender of the baby?"

       "Hopefully," I said. "My mom keeps texting me, asking if I found out the gender yet. She really wants to know."

       "I want to know," Grayson said. "I'm really wondering if I'm going to have a daughter or a son. And I'll still be happy with either."

       "Me too," I said. "I mean, I really want a daughter but if we have a son, I'll be happy too."

       Grayson smiled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. I settled into his chest, holding his hand that wasn't around my shoulder. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" he asked.

       "All the time," I said. "And I love you, too. I love you for sticking with me no matter what."

       "Of course I will," Grayson said. "You're the only one I ever told about my past and the only one who never judged me. And because of that, I love you." He kissed the side of my head before we turned our attention back to the movie.

__________

Sorry for the short chapter. cx I've been sick for the past couple days, I'm still sick, but I wanted to get a chapter up.

In the next chapter, we get to find out what the gender of the baby is. (: