I

Unknown name's POV

I roamed through the deserted streets of the messed up town. I nearly tripped inside of a deep hole that matched four others. They were dug throughout the street.
What happened here? Where am I? Who am I? I don't even know my own name. What happened to me to make me forget every single thing about me? Do I have a family? What do I do? I'm so confused and know nothing at the moment. I felt like ripping out my hair from the frustration. I didn't, though. Because I don't believe in that self harm crap. Or at least I think I don't.
I continued to walk on, not really sure of where to go. Where do I go when I don't know anything about anywhere I am at the moment? As I walked further, I came upon a place that looked beat up like the rest of the streets, but it had some things there indicating that people had been here. Everything was dead silent out here. Not even the sounds of birds. Not one. The only sound was my breathing, and the slight breeze that blew a draping white and torn up flag that read "Bring the War." I wondered why it said that, who had made it, and if there was really people who are wanting war. Apparently so.
As I walked slowly, avoiding the busted up streets that were burnt and still had some flames on them, I came upon a house. Okay. This should help. Well, that's what I thought at least.

I walked up the steps to the house and grabbed the handle, slowly turning it to the right. To my surprise it was unlocked. Why I didn't knock first, I had no idea. When I tried to push open the door, it seemed stuck like as if something was blocking it. I pushed harder and whatever was in front, started to move slowly. Finally I got the door open enough for my frail body to squeeze through. Once I was inside, I saw nothing but a torn up mess. There was no one in sight. "Hello?!" I called. Nothing. It was so dead silent in there that it was kind of scary. "Is anyone here!? Please, I'm not here to hurt anyone!" I yelled, hoping someone would come out of hiding or something, but there was nothing. This town was abandoned. I can't go back to where I'm from because I don't even know where that is. What happened here? What happened to make all these people disappear and these towns to be empty?
I decided there was nothing else I could do, and that I might just have to stay here. I walked into the kitchen and found whatever I could in the pantries. I honestly don't eat that much, (my stomach literally can't handle that) but I looked anyway for when I needed to. I found a few things that hadn't expired yet, and put them all in one spot where I could find them if needed.

I decided to go upstairs now, and check out the rooms up there. I made my way up the vintage looking wooden stairs, and they creaked loudly. It scared me slightly at first, but then I caught my breath I had been holding, and continued. I came to an open hallway and overall the whole upstairs looked like it belonged in a horror movie. That whole town did. I was kind of getting creeped out, so I started making my way back downstairs. Just as I was getting to the top of the stairs where they started, I heard a faint sound of a door opening and closing. It was so faint it sounded like it could have been the television, but then I remembered the television wasn't even on. Someone was here.
I cautiously and quietly made my way downstairs, hoping that creaking step wouldn't creak this time. I happened to kind of guess which one it was by examining it quickly and realizing it was looser than the others, so I avoided that one. Luckily there was no creaking whatsoever. I thanked the Lord for that.
Once I managed to get to the bottom of the steps, I contemplated whether to call out or not. It might just be some other person like me who is trying to find other people. Without thinking, I made a stupid move; I called out.
"Hello? Is anyone there?" I said, not too loudly, but in this silent house, it practically traveled off the walls. I regretted saying that immediately and was mentally freaking out.
I entered to living room slowly, and saw nor heard nothing. Weird. If someone entered the house, where would they be?
"Is someone here?" I asked, quietly this time. Idiot! Stop talking! I thought I heard a slight sound in the kitchen after I had said that. Literally it was the quietest of sounds but I heard it and it was there. Whoever it is, is in the kitchen. Oh, crap.
Stupidly, I made my way into the kitchen, alone. When I took a step in, the lights started to flicker, and then before I could react, they went out completely. This left most of the house in a depressing and dim lighting. It wasn't pleasant to the eyes, and definitely didn't help with the fact that I felt as though I was about to get murdered. Then out of nowhere, a random gust of wind came through and the fairly big coffee table flew straight for the entrance to the kitchen from the living room; blocking any way of my escape. Well, I could technically go out the back door, but it's all the way across the room. The terrifying thing was...................the door was wide open, and flapping in the wind. My heart rate increased from this, and I felt as though I was about to faint. Do I normally have problems with panic attacks? I don't know. I hardly know anything about myself or anything else. What happened to me?