XXI

~Sorry this update is so late! I've been so busy and......yeah. Don't give up on this story just yet :) it's got some twists that haven't even occurred yet ;)~ -Cat

Angel's POV

I can't believe this.

I must have been in some kind of trance, because when I came out of it, Andy's lips were on mine. And I don't mean just lightly brushing them, I mean full on kissing me. You want to know what the crazy part of all of this is?
I kissed him back.
I couldn't help myself. It's like I was sucked into a whole new world, new feeling. Something I've never quite experienced before.
Things started to get a little further, and sadly my instinct cut in, telling me to stop it and that this wasn't a good idea. I listened.

Back to reality, I pushed him away from me, so hard it made him stumble back. My eyes were wide as I realized there was no taking that back. That happened. Why did it happen? All of this was running through my head and I was about to force myself to speak, when I happened to realize my surroundings were different than usual. I looked at the walls and saw that they were covered...in blood. My breathing started to quicken, and I made the wrong move by looking down at my hands that were also covered in blood. I'm gonna hurl.
I let out a gagging noise at the terrible sight, and ran over to the toilet, puking out of disgust. I looked down at the toilet water to see it wasn't regular puke, but blood. Why is it always blood? I gagged again, and let out terrified, unstable noises. What is wrong with me?
I felt Andy come up from behind me and try to console me, but I pushed him away. I don't want anyone touching me right now. I just want to figure out why and how I did this. I looked down at myself. No cuts. Then how'd I get the blood? Where'd I get it from? Andy seemed to realize what I was questioning, and he too seemed confused. That was until I smelled a terrible odor from behind me. I turned slowly to see a huge, dead rat torn open with a pool of blood and whatever insides he had left all around him. I gagged again, but Andy stopped me. "Hey, hey, hey! Angel, take it easy," he said, but he was just as shocked as I was. He secured me with a tight grip on my shoulders, but I pushed him away again, shaking my head rapidly.
"I'm a monster. I'm a monster. I'm psychotic. I'm mental. I belong in the crazy asylums. I'm a freak. I'm a-"
"Angel, stop it!" Andy yelled, cutting my sentence short. My body shaking, quite unstable-like, I looked at him. Don't cry. No crying.
"You're not mental, psychotic, crazy, a freak, and definitely not a monster," he said. I shook my head and started looking away from him, but he walked over to me and forced me to look at him. "Listen here, Angel. Don't for one second believe that you are one of them. They're just messing with your head and trying to make you believe that's the truth. It's not, okay? I wouldn't lie to you," he whispered, harshness lacing his deep tone.

I just continued to shake, but nodded anyway. Fine. If he says I'm not a monster, then maybe I'm not. But there's something deep down telling me he's wrong.......
"Now, we have to get you cleaned up, then I'll take care of the bathroom."
I nodded quickly, and he grabbed my wrists, pulling me into the bedroom to sit down on the bed. Gosh, I'm still so shocked from what happened.

Once he pulled me in there and I sat down, I heard him rummaging through some things, before he finally appeared with some things he needed to help clean me up. Honestly, I can do it myself, but he's persistent.
He stopped right in front of me, and knelt down so we were face to face. Without saying a word, he gently grabbed my right hand, washing away all the blood. He was so slow. So gentle. I watched his expression as he did this. He seemed focused yet at peace. Like he was enjoying this in a way. Once he was done with that hand, he moved on to my left one. He repeated his previous actions and cleaned that one all the same. When he was done, he gripped both of my hands in his, and studied them. What was on his mind? I knew something was, I just didn't know what. "Your hands are so delicate. They're honestly perfect. You're just so perfect......," he looked up at me, and our eyes met. "So.......beautiful." He just called me beautiful, and perfect. Wow. I'm touched. He looked lost in my eyes, and honestly I was getting lost in his as well. What are we turning into? I was too scared to try and think up an answer, so I left it alone. I wanted to live the moment that was happening right then and there.
He got closer, reaching to touch my hair and I suddenly got scared. I was scared I might screw something up.
"Well, better get started on cleaning the bathroom," I said, quickly jumping up, surprising him a bit. He eventually just nodded and stood up, following me to the bathroom where I was already getting more cleaning supplies. Not much, but I'll work with what I've got.
I left the disposing of the rat to Andy. I will never touch that thing in a million years.
I immediately got to cleaning and he had no choice but to do the same. I ignored what the words I had written were, and just scrubbed it away; hard.
"Don't rub away the walls," Andy mumbled, scrubbing a little less harsh than I was. It was then that I realized just how hard I was scrubbing. Really hard. "Sorry," I mumbled, continuing at a slower rate and softer touch. "I just want this all gone."
"I understand," he spoke.
Things were silent. I couldn't help myself. I just couldn't. Nothing was going to stop what was about to fly out of my mouth. And nothing did.
"So why'd you do it?"
He raised his brow, questionably, but didn't look away from what he was doing. "You mean....why'd I kiss you?" He asked, clearing his throat afterwards. Please don't let things stay awkward....
"Mhm," I hummed, glancing over at him. He didn't even look at me once.
"It saved you, you know. I didn't want you slipping into darkness so I used my light to save you. The only way I could get it inside of you was mouth to mouth contact as in kissing," he answered, as if it was nothing. He was pretending the whole, 'taking it a little further' thing, never happened. Well, it did. And he knows that so why is he avoiding it?