XXV

~Okay guys, so we're gonna have a vote. Which ship name do you like better?

'Andangel' (created by BatmanBatch)

Or

'Andgel' (created by XxRiotBVBaexX)

Vote for whichever one you like better in the comments!~
-Cat

Angel's POV

"Is this really necessary, Andy?" I asked, as he coated my body with black paint that he himself titled 'war paint'.
"Of course it's necessary. Neck," he said, gesturing for me to raise my head so he could paint my neck. I did so, rolling my eyes in the process. "Don't give me attitude," he mumbled, still focusing on painting me.
As you can see, we are preparing for battle. Andy decided to waist some time by painting me black. Whatever.
I watched as Jinxx walked by and I saw he had that same star shape painted over his eye. It reminded me of that nightmare where he burned me, but I quickly shook the thoughts from my head; I didn't need them anymore.
"Someone's getting their war paint on!" CC screamed, as he entered the kitchen, where I sat on the counter and Andy stood as he painted me. "Involuntarily," I added in, and Jake laughed as he entered the room along with Ashley who followed along.
"Why do I get so much when you guys have like, hardly anything?" I asked, utterly confused. He finished up my neck and started on my left side, starting at my shoulder and going down. "Because, you're going to stand out from the rest of us. You're one of us, yet you're not a fallen angel," he muttered. I hardly understood anything he said, but I nodded anyway. "So, why must I be completely covered in black from head to toe?" I asked, noting that what he had given me to wear was also completely black, and my legs were already painted completely black. "Because you must," he said, dismissively. He then leaned closer to me and whispered into my ear with a husky voice, "Also, it's a good color on you." I shivered lightly and held back any future ones as he pulled away slowly. A smirk was evident on his face as he lifted up my arm and coated it even more with the black paint.

"Are you almost done?" I asked, getting impatient. "Jump down," he instructed, backing away so I could jump down from the countertop. Once I did, I was happy--thinking I was done--until he made me turn around.
"Now, turn around so I can get to the back areas," he said, turning me around while picking the jar of black substance back up and into his palm. "Yay, more paint," I said, my voice as dull as I could manage. "Oh hush," he spoke, and soon after that, I felt the cold paint hit my back and I jumped slightly. He chuckled at my reaction and just continued to stroke the paint.
"Andy," I said, as he bent down to paint the back of my thighs. I'm going to look like a freak. "Yeah?" He asked, focusing on painting in the right spots. "I'm...nervous. I mean, I've never fought in a war before and I have no idea what to do," I answered. I thought maybe he was ignoring me at first--considering he didn't answer for two minutes and just continued painting--but then he stopped painting and stood up straight. He put the sponge he used and jar on the counter behind him, then finally spoke.
"I understand you're nervous, but when we get out there, just do as I say and everything will be fine." I found only a small amount of comfort in his words. Words would do nothing to help the nerves I felt right now.

"Now," he said. "Do a three sixty." He waved his finger around, instructing for me to spin. Andy. I'm not a dog.
After I spinner for him, I stopped and turned to face him.
He smiled, happy of his work. All I wanted to do was see how dirty I looked. It'll take forever to wash all of this off.
"What do you think?" He asked, and I looked down at myself. What does he expect me to say?

'Oh, Andy! I love it! Being painted with stuff that looks like black dirt is my dream come true! It's the new style!'

Definitely not.