VIII

~So I'm starting to get some more reads on here! Thank you guys so much for taking the time to read this. I appreciate that SO much. Till next update my little Outlaws!!~ -Cat

Angel's POV

"I'm okay now," I said. "But I do have a question."

He continued to look straight up ahead at the ceiling, but he was listening. "How did I live through the spider bite? It looked poisonous. Better yet, it felt poisonous. I felt the poison going through my veins."
"Miracle, I guess. Or you're just being over dramatic," he said, turning his head to me slightly.
"I am not," I scoffed. "But Andy, I'm serious."
"Like I said before, miracle," he said, simply. There was something else to this that he wasn't telling me. My gosh! How much information does this guy hide from people? I didn't answer after that. I just sat there silently.
"Thank you," I said randomly.
"For what?" He asked.
"For saving me. For not being some creep who loves to hurt me. For helping me sleep when I was frightened by a stupid nightmare. Thank you. Thank you so much, Andy," I answered him. He was silent for a moment, before he sat up, and stood to his feet and left to the bathroom, closing the door and locking it behind him. Okay......
Apparently he's not good with 'thank yous', and 'you're welcome' is probably not a normal word in his daily vocabulary.
I picked up the light he had placed on the nightstand, and held it in my palm, waiting for him to finish. I'm not letting go of this thing until he comes back. It's just good to know when you're not alone in the dark room.
After a few minutes, I was starting to realize how tired I was. Without thinking, I just laid down on top of the covers and fell asleep almost instantly. I wasn't fully asleep yet. I was almost asleep, so there was no dream yet. My 'almost sleep' was harshly interrupted by a knocking on the door. I sat up quickly and looked around. The knock came again, and I froze. What do I do?
"Andy, it's me, CC. I came to talk about something. Are you there?" The guy whom I'm assuming is CC said through the door. I stayed silent, hoping he'd just leave.
"Andy come on. I know you're mad, but I wasn't trying to rat you out with the whole 'contacting Leo' thing. Jinxx is just suspicious and Ashley asked if anything was different about you so I answered without thinking. I didn't know anything was going on. You can't blame them for thinking anything. You're not really supposed to be contacting the angels."
Wait, angels? What does he mean by 'angels'? It isn't how it sounds, is it?
"Andy, come on!" CC called. Next thing I know, Andy comes out of the bathroom, towel around his waist, and without looking at me, he opens the door slightly. "CC, I don't care right now, okay?" He spoke. Apparently he had heard everything from the bathroom and didn't want him talking anymore.
"Andy, I'm saying I'm sorry, and that I'm on your side. I'm not against you on this one," he said.
Awww. I already liked this guy. He sounded so sweet.

Andy just stood there for a moment, before nodding and saying, "okay."
"So, we're good right?" CC asked. Andy nodded again.
"Alright. Don't hold it against the other guys," CC said, before walking away. I just sat there, waiting for him to close the door so I could say something.
He did, then turned to me, before walking to his drawers, rummaging through them for clothes. I ignored this and laid down on my back facing the ceiling, much like Andy was doing earlier.
I lied there for a while, just staring up at the plain colored ceiling, when eventually Andy came and laid down like that as well. I forced myself to look at him, and ask a question he'd probably not want to answer.
"Who are the angels?"
He looked at me quickly, as if to ask, "how'd you know about them?" But the look immediately faded when he apparently remembered what CC had said.
"Why do you ask?" Great. He's answering my question with a question.
"I just.....heard CC say something about them, and wanted to possibly know who they are? Are we talking actually angels here? Because, last time I checked, you can't 'contact' angels," I said.
"You're right. You can't," he answered. I was so confused right now.
"Will I ever know what's going on?" I asked.
"I don't know. Things are complicated right now," he said. The next thing I said kind of surprised both of us as it randomly popped out of my mouth.
"I wanna go outside again."
"What?" He said, sitting up straight and looking down at me.
"Angel, don't you remember what happened earlier-"
"I wanna get a lamp!" I said, ignoring what he was saying. He looked at me strangely, before letting out a low chuckle.
"You what?"
"I think since this is practically our room now, that we need a lamp," I said.
"Okay, A) what's wrong with no lamp? And B) it's not "our room". Think of it as my room, and you're just......staying in it...temporarily," he said. I rolled my eyes.
"But seriously, Andy. Can we get a lamp? It's too dark in here at night time. This little light thing is our only light," I reasoned, as I held out the stone to him. He looked down at it for a moment, then grazed his fingers over it, lightly brushing my palm unintentionally. The feeling tickled me slightly. He then looked back up at me, and I had hopeful eyes. I really wanted a lamp. More light is good.
"It would help. With everything," I whispered. He bit his lip ring lightly, deep in thought.
"Okay," he said. I smiled. "But I really don't want you going out there again. You're venerable to those Shadows."
"No! I want to go again. I'll be fine this time. We can just stick together," I said. "Please? I'm sick of being stuck in here."
"Fine, fine, but I keep my eye on you the whole time and no trying to get away," he said.
"Trust me, I won't," I answered.
He nodded and seemed to trust that since I didn't try to escape earlier.
He looked down at me again, and seemed to be searching for something in my eyes. There was something different. It's like he was trying to figure something out about himself, through my eyes.