XXIV

~Ough! I have so much going on this week! I'll try to be updating everyday, but chances are I won't update Friday, and maybe not Saturday. I'm not sure yet~ -Cat

Andy's POV

It's been two hours since I left Angel alone to sleep, and she wouldn't leave my mind. I didn't want her to be the one to die tomorrow. It killed me that it was adding up to that. Everything was once taken away from me. Everything. I can't let that happen again.

"I'll be back in just a minute," I spoke up as the guys planned amongst themselves. Jinxx stopped and just looked at me, eyebrow raised, and CC nodded. I could tell by the look on his face that he knew what I was about to go do. I had to check on Angel. Just this once, then I'll leave her alone and go back to planning with them; or whatever they were actually doing.

As I walked down the hallway, I heard something. I stopped, and listened closer, then realized that the noise was someone screaming, and it was getting louder. I ran down the hall and opened my bedroom door quickly, to see Angel still half asleep. She was screaming what sounded like my name and I knew she was probably having a really bad nightmare.
I made my way to the bed and over to the weeping Angel.

"Andy! Andy, no!" She cried in her sleep. What she's experiencing is half real. It sounds confusing, but it makes sense. I ran over to her, and attempted to shake her awake. "Angel, wake up! It's just a dream! Wake up!" I shouted, still shaking her lightly. Her eyes flew open and she spotted me beside her. "Y-you're alive!" She cried, throwing herself onto me and clinging as tight as she could. It caught me off guard, but I hugged her back. "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" I whispered.
After a moment of that happening, she lifted her head, and got out of my grasp. "Because he had you tied in chains; me being in ropes. We played this game......a-and then I messed it up! I got the answers wrong and he took it out on you!" She answered. "What game?" "A game of fate..," she sighed. "And how do you play?" I practically interrogated. "Well, he asks me questions. If I get it correct, one of us got closer to being freed, and if I got it wrong, then he tortured you," she said. I could tell she was trying to block the images from her mind. "What was the whole purpose of the game?" I finally asked. She stood up, and turned away from me for a moment, before slowly turning back to face me again.
"Who lives and who dies," she whispered.
"What?" I asked, hardly hearing her. She spoke louder.
"It's the fate of who lives and who dies."
"Did he tell you who dies?" I pried. She shook her head, disappointed in herself. "At the end of the game, he said he wasn't going to tell me anymore. I've seen this guy before and I hate him. Every time I hear his voice, I want to literally murder him," she said, looking down at her hands. Well, I've never heard Angel talk like that before, so apparently she hates him a lot.

"Look," I said, sighing and standing up. "Just..........don't listen to anything they say, okay? I can't stop these nightmares even though I wish I could. They mean something. I just don't know what." She nodded. "I know, Andy. I'm not a child and I don't want to be treated like one. I can take care of myself. I'm getting really used to this now," she mumbled the last part.
"Well, I wouldn't say that's a good thing," I said, and she gave me a confused look. "Don't worry about it. You can go back to sleep now, if you want." I went to turn to leave, but her gentle hand on my shoulder had stopped me. I looked back at her, then turned back around.
"What do you have left to do?" She asked, meaning our preparations. "Eh...........not much. We don't plan too much, we just kind of wing it out there and it works for us," I said, chuckling at that sentence and she giggled along.
"So, I'm not planning on going back to sleep. Not after that happened. I'm not even tired anymore," she said, shaking her head and shivering. I smirked.
"You cold?" I asked. I knew it stayed pretty cold in here at night time. It didn't bother me, though. She shrugged. "A little, but I'll be fine," she mumbled. "I can help," I whispered, walking over to her and wrapping my arms over her. I felt her heart beat against my chest as it increased.