XXIII

Angel's POV

"So, we make our battle plans, and be ready for whatever tomorrow brings," Andy said, putting his hand on the table as we all listened to him. If you're confused on what's going on exactly, I'll gladly fill you in. It's been a few hours since Andy told us there was going to be a war, and now he feels perfectly fine. It was obvious because he was moving around freely and really getting into depth about what should be done in battle. I might be over thinking this, but it seems almost like he's excited to do this. Like, he misses it. I could he wrong, though.
He also told us that it would be tomorrow. That scared me. I was quiet as they spoke, but inside I wanted to scream questions into the air. One of the main ones being, "what am I gonna be doing this whole time...?"
I stayed silent, though.
"There's only five of us, but remember that it's only Shadows we're dealing with here. I think we can manage to handle them, large numbers and all," said Jinxx. His serious face never changed. Andy nodded. They seemed to be getting along at the moment. That relived me.
"Six," Andy said, looking down then back at us. For the first time in about three hours, he actually looked at me and our eyes were locked. What does he mean, six?
"Six? Andy, what are you talking about?" CC asked. Jinxx seemed to realized already what he meant and sadly, I did too. I'm not ready for that.
"Angel....," he started. I shook my head rapidly.
"Andy, I'll mess things up. I don't know what you possibly expect of me," I said. The rest of the guys seemed to figure out what he meant by now. "You're not seriously going to make her fight, Andy. Are you?" CC asked, worry in his tone. Andy sighed then nodded sadly. "It's not by choice. If it was, she'd be away and safe, but they want her to fight. She's meant to fight. If not, that's changing the fate of the prophecy and........well that won't go so well," he said.
I can't believe I'm going to fight in a war of good and evil. Well, it's scary but it's kind of cool. No normal person does this stuff. Also, no normal person makes out with their guardian angel.
Er................I should stop talking.
"What do you expect me to do?" I asked, quietly. He looked at me from across the room. "I expect you to fight, and believe that you can do this. Don't doubt yourself, Angel. I know you have it in you," he answered. I just nodded. I was nervous, but I have to do it. That scares me. You can't blame me for being a little scared. We're fighting against these weird Shadow guys that have connections with hell itself, and hell is the worst of the worst places ever. Yeah.............
"We're going to need a good plan and incorporate Angel into it so she doesn't throw herself straight into danger. She'll fight, but stay under the radar," Jinxx said. I was surprised at how open he was being. I guess he cooled down his temper a bit.

"That's exactly what we'll do. We just need to make a good enough plan so she doesn't get hurt," Andy said.
"Andy," I said. He looked back at me. "Didn't you say that.............someone was going to die.....?" He sighed heavily from the reminder, and looked down as he nodded. "Do you know who?" I asked, scared to know the truth. I felt like I already knew who it was.
"No, I don't. This is why I want to keep you so safe....," he said.
"Wait, are you saying Angel is going to be the one to die?" Ashley cut in. Yep. That's who I had in mind. Me. It makes since and all lines up perfectly. I'm meant to fight for some odd reason, and someone is going to die. I'm going to be killed off as fate. Oh my gosh. It is me.
"That's not what I'm saying," Andy said, seeing my worried face. "I'm just.........taking precaution."
"But one of us is going to die, and it could be any one of us," Ashley said. "Yes," Andy said, sadly.
"Well then," Jinxx said, standing up and grabbing everyone's attention.
"I say we fight together and remember this war well, because to one of us, it will be our last." Ashley stood up as well. "I agree."
Then CC. "Same here." Then Jake. "Me too." Andy was already standing and I was the only one still sitting. I didn't really know if they wanted me to stand or not. I came back to the real world and realized that all eyes were on me. Without another thought to roam through my head, I stood up abruptly, and faced all of them.
"I know I'm not one of you guys. I know I am just a human. But I am meant to fight in this war too, so I will do my best. And I will remember all of this fondly. All of you guys. I've grown so very attached to each and every one of you, that it hurts me to think one of us will leave for good. It isn't fair for you lot because we all know this has something to do with me. My presence here. It makes me question sometimes whether I actually am a human. Sometimes it doesn't seem so.
I know that some of us might have our disagreements and conflict has occurred," I said, glancing at Jinxx a few times. "And it's caused even more conflict in you guys' relationships. It pained me to watch that start to turn into hate." I now looked from Jinxx to Andy.
"I guess that's why I ran away that time. I felt like I was the reason these problems were occurring, and I was. I still am, but I realized the very problems that were caused when I left. I experienced something I never thought I would in my whole life, and it was terrifying. It was painful and scared me physically and mentally." They all watched me. Some had sympathy in their eyes. Andy looked as if he were listening intently. And Jinxx was a stone, yet he was still listening to every word. "Then Andy came and took me back to you guys, and I've never been happier. Ever since the first day Andy brought me here, I was freaked out by him and wanted nothing but to leave. And guess what? Once I finally leave, I want to come back. I've grown so attached to you guys and that means I have deep regards for all of you. I would mourn any one of your deaths. Even you, Jinxx," I said, looking up at him. I could tell he was taken aback and didn't know what to do, so he just nodded once.