XV

~So............Wuzup!? Okay so the guy in the pic is Leo. I'm pretending in the book he has a shirt on, but it's so hard to find a pic of that dude with a shirt on. I find myself questioning if he even owns one. XD~ -Cat

Angel's POV

After CC and I's parting, I quickly ran outside the door, and just bolted in the first direction I set my mind to. There was no way I was even staying close to here. I was just going to keep on running until I didn't even know my way back. That sounded like a promising plan.
I had already passed a few houses already. I wasn't that far away. Probably because I'm on foot and my legs aren't really that long to be honest. Stupid short legs.

(A/N: I don't feel her pain cuz my legs are long and skinny like Andy's XD)

I slowed my pace as I got even further away. My breathing had increased by numbers higher than my liking, and I needed to take a breather. I leaned over and rested my hands on my knees. Man, you don't realize how tired you are until you finally stop running. I stayed like that for a moment, then felt..........weird..............
Something was different.
I looked up, and found that my surroundings had changed before my eyes. I was in that desert like in my dreams but, this time..............it was real. My breath hitched as I looked all around. How did this happen? Am I maybe hallucinating? That's when I started to hear the familiar low murmurs and strange, dark noises. Shadows.
They appeared from every direction--blocking any and every escape route I had.
They started to get closer, and there was nothing I could do to rid of them. The only thing I wanted right now was for Andy to come and save me. For him to come with his angel blade, and kill them all. That wasn't happening any time soon, though.
"No, no please don't!" I shouted, as they cornered me in quickly. They reached out to me, and continued on with their quiet, creepy murmurs. "Help! Someone help me, please!" I shouted, knowing there was no one there to help anyway, but I still tried.
They finally got a hold of me, and I tried to defend myself by kicking and pushing them off, but none of it worked. Nothing. I was helpless and defenseless against them. There was nothing I could do.
"Please! Someone.........," I said, drifting off into the dark as they held onto me. I was slowly, and painfully losing consciousness. I tried as hard as possible to fight it, but nothing worked.
As I faded away, it felt as if they were sucking away my soul. I felt something inside, but this was interrupted when the clash of some kind of blade was heard, and all the Shadows started dying. They were being killed. Someone was saving me. But, who?

I caught a glimpse of blonde hair and what might have been white wings, before fully letting go of consciousness, and falling into the black.
Goodbye light, hello fright.

Leo's POV (New POV!!)

I was supposed to meet up with Andy today, but when I called him, he didn't answer. He was probably just ignoring me, but I wasn't so sure.
I came down anyway, armed and ready for any trouble that might come along the way.
I knew there was something up, and that it was confusing poor Andy greatly, so being the 'friend' I am to him, I made exceptions and came down to help. I'm wondering what's going on.............

My thoughts were cut short when I felt the presence of Shadows near. A lot of them. I pulled out my blade, waiting patiently for them to appear out of nowhere, but there was none in sight. Where were they? That's when I heard screaming. It sounded like a girl and she was screaming for help. Whoever it is, needs my help and I will do my job to protect her.
I quickly brought my wings out and flew where my Shadow detecting senses brought me. They were everywhere, surrounding this poor girl and increasing majority in numbers.
Who was she? And what were they doing to her? Thinking no more about useless matters, I jumped down with my blade in hand, and attacked. Shadows are easy to kill.
Sooner than I knew, they were all gone, and the only thing left was the girl, lying there, unconscious. She didn't look like the normal person when they slip out of consciousness. She looked...........lifeless. Not dead, but almost like her soul was sucked out of her previous body and taken away................Uh oh.
I ran over to her body, hoping this poor girl wasn't taken away by the Shadows in spirit.
"Miss? Please wake up," I said, lightly tapping her face. Nothing. Her skin had the lightest grey tone to it. She needs to be saved before she's forever taken by them. I picked up her body, bringing her with me. I wonder if Andy has anything to do with this. He might know her, because no mortal gets passed his eye in these parts. That's where I'm going next. Andy's place. Let's hope Jinxx doesn't lose it.