Malfoy Pride (Scorpious Malfoy)

FIRST YEAR

Scorpious' POV

The train pulled into the station and I was one of the first to get off of the train. Not because I was happy to be going home, I was - don't get me wrong, but so that I could watch the others get off from the train. Or rather I could watch her get off of the train and get a final glimpse of her to tide me over the summer.

My eyes found her the moment she had gotten off from the train and onto the platform, as if I was afraid of losing her. She scanned the platform, looking for her family, before she found them and made her way over towards them. Unconsciously I found myself mirroring her steps as I pushed through the crowd.

"Scorpious!" I heard Mum call and I startled slightly realising that as I followed her on her path to her parents, I had been led to my own.

"Mum," I said back quietly, as she pulled me into a hug.

From over her shoulders I could watch her as she found her own parents and was pulled into a hug by her own mother. Pulling myself out of my mother's arms I continued to watch her in what I hoped was a subtle manner. Mum turned her attention back onto Mrs Zabini.

"What's her name?" Dad asked, making me reluctantly pull my eyes away from her. I hadn't even heard him approach me. "The girl you're watching - what's her name?"

"Why do you want to know?" I asked quietly, looking back at her when Dad looked over in her direction.

"Just thought that I should know my future daughter-in-law's name," He said casually. He paused. "You know, someone told me that if she turns when you're watching then she likes you back. She might not know it yet but she does."

I looked at him, not believing a single word he said. I was quick to voice it, "That sounds like a load of rubbish."

"You can ask your mother if you don't believe me," he suggested.

Slowly I turned back in her direction, with the tiniest hope in my heart that he was right. That she would turn right back and look at me. But why would she? It's not as if I had even spoken to her once. My shoulders sagged when she walked away, linking her arms with her parent's arms without looking back even once.

He clapped a hand onto my shoulder, "Don't worry about it son, you've got six more years left to win her over."

Her name left my mouth instantly.

"What was that?"

"Her name."

**********

Normal POV

SECOND YEAR

It was hard to believe that the school year was already ending but here the train was pulling into the train station. Looking out of the windows of the carriage, I managed to catch sight of my parents. Giving them a quick wave I settled back into my seat and waited for the train to come to a complete halt.

When it did I stood and lowered my trunk from the overhead carrier. The moment that my trunk was on the floor I was pulled into a hug, my face smothered by a mass of ginger curls.

"Rosie," I said with an affectionate sigh as she squeezed me even tighter. "I promise to write to you alright?"

She finally let me go and went to remove her own trunk. "You promise right? Because I swear that I might die of boredom if you don't."

"As if," I said with a laugh, the two of us grabbing the handles of our trunks and heading out of the carriage. "We both know that you completely adore your family."