Finding Sanctuary (Draco Malfoy)

So it's been a very long time since I last posted - mainly because of a hell of a lot of life issues at the moment

So it's been a very long time since I last posted - mainly because of a hell of a lot of life issues at the moment. But anyway, I'm glad to be back and honestly I'm more than a bit nervous about this. I'm more than a little rusty so this might not be up to scratch but it is what it is.

This one was requested by the wonderful Inner_Bee who asked for Draco with a muggle reader. Although I took a bit of creative liberties with your request, I hope you still like it!

Quick warning, this isn't edited because my Mum is rushing me out of the house ...  

____________________

When you'd lived alone for as long as I had, you slowly fell into your own schedule of doing things. It might have taken a long time for me to get used to doing everything myself, but I acclimatised eventually. It was something that you simply had to do because no one else was there to pick up the slack by looking after your needs. If you didn't put the washing machine on, you'd eventually run out of clean clothes and if you didn't wash your dishes after every meal then you'd quickly find yourself without any dishes to use. It was an inevitability and because it was an inevitability, I was certain that my new neighbour would quickly get used to it as well.

The stranger, tall and with hair so blonde that I'd mistaken it as white at first, was busy talking to his companion who was just as handsome but in a different way; dark-haired and taller than my new neighbour by almost an entire head. At first, the two men hadn't noticed me as I ducked out of my flat, locking the door behind me but I had certainly noticed them from the way they were stood, heads ducked together as if they were speaking. Not that they were speaking for long. At the sound of my keys jangling as I locked the door, they instantly clammed up almost defensively.

Trapped by the sudden weight of their eyes on me, I sheepishly held up my reusable shopping bag, "I'm just heading out for the weekly shop. You must be my new neighbours?"

"Neighbour," the darker-haired man corrected, gesturing to the still silent blond beside him. My eyes flittered towards the other man, offering him a hesitant smile that he didn't seem to return but I didn't focus on him for long. Stepping towards me and shaking my hand, my new neighbour's companion introduced himself, "Blaise Zabini at your service."

"Draco Malfoy," my neighbour finally introduced himself, inclining his head slightly in my direction. "It's a pleasure to meet you?"

"Is it?" I questioned without pause, eyeing him closely with a curious tilt of my head. When the two men shared a glance, I offered them another smile. "Don't pay any mind to what I say half of the time; I don't tend to think before I speak."

"Draco has the same problem," Blaise confessed readily, carrying the entire conversation in the stead of his friend. He twisted a ring absentmindedly around his finger as he pointed out, "I didn't catch your name."