The Triwizard Champion and Me (Cedric Diggory)

Today the impossible happened; we actually got a normal summer day in the part of England where I live. The weather was amazing (for once) and we managed to have a barbecue. What about you guys? How was the weather where you live?

This was requested by Kell46 and I hope you like it. I know your request was a little specific so I hope I've managed to fulfil it. Make sure to leave me a comment at the end to tell me what you thought.

All anyone could talk about was the stupid tournament. Wherever you went in this massive castle, it was the focus of most conversations. More so because the first task had passed and brought with it anticipation for the next task. Really, it was getting rather grating. Even now, as I sat in the library with my dormmates as we tried to complete our Charms essay, I could still hear the whispered wonderings about the next task. Especially because they were the ones talking about it.

"What do you think Reeves?" I looked to Victoria Michaels as she posed the question, leaning eagerly towards me.

"About what?" I whispered back, twirling my quill absentmindedly between my fingers.

"Do you think Potter put his name in the cup?"

"Obviously he didn't," Evie defended with a scoff, looking over her parchment. "Potter might have an addiction to adrenaline but he's not thick; he obviously got someone to put his name in there for him."

"Bones has a point," Kristiana Lu said contemplatively. "You can say whatever you want about the boy, but he knows not to try and fool Dumbledore's magic."

"I still don't think he put his name in the cup," I admitted, biting on my bottom lip. Kristiana went to protest but I hurried on, "Think about it for a minute Lu - the moment we all heard about the task the first thing we did was owl our parents to find out some more about the tournament. They all told us that people have been killed in this tournament. Now, Potter might attract danger but he's not the sort of person to go out an actively seek danger it himself." Turning back to my parchment I added, "Only an idiot would do something like that."

"Ouch," Cedric remarked from somewhere behind me. "I'm a little hurt you'd think that, Reeves."

"Oh please Diggory," I muttered, "I can hear the smile in your voice. You're not offended in the least."

"I never mentioned being offended," he said as he approached the table, nodding to my dormmates who were doing their best not to share knowing looks. "Being hurt and being offended are two very different things."

"Are they?" Raising an eyebrow, I looked up to him.

He grinned down at me, gesturing to the empty seat beside me, "Aren't they?"

"You're impossible," I muttered, motioning for him to sit.

He didn't waste a moment, settling into the empty seat. Rifling through his bag, he pulled out countless pieces of parchment. His next question was asked into his bag, "Do you really think that?"

"That you're impossible?" I cupped my cheek in my hand, turning to him. "Of course I do. I've told you as much, countless times."

"That's not what I meant." He finally peered up from inside his bag, rolling his eyes. "Am I an idiot, Reeves?"

"Isn't the answer obvious?" I cast a look around the table at the rest of my dormmates who were listening to our conversation with annoying identical smiles. Helga, they were irritating. Narrowing my eyes at them for a moment, I looked back to the waiting boy. "What other judgement do you expect me to make about your intellect when you do something so stupid? Hell, I'm even beginning to question your sanity. Only someone stupid - no mad, would enter that godforsaken tournament."