The Kneazlenapper (Newt Scamander)

For once, I have nothing to say. So let's just get onto the one shot 

Oh, and it's pretty normal by now - but this isn't edited 

____________________

The Fairbanks were a delightful family now consisting of 5 members. The three children, each rowdy and wonderful and left under my charge were born to frightfully boring parents who sometimes lacked the common sense I thought should have been a basic requirement for people to have before being allowed to become parents. It was a good thing that the Fairbanks home was run by a competent set of staff who had far more sense than the Master and Mistress of the home.

For almost three years now, since Charlotte, the eldest of the Fairbanks children had her first burst of accidental magic at the young age of 3 years old, I worked as their live in nanny. All members of the family, the adults and the children who were too young to pay any real attention to anything of importance, had no idea about the truth of my identity. Perhaps when Charlotte was off to Hogwarts, I would finally confess to them that I was a witch, and not just their nanny. For now, I would settle for guiding and encouraging her curiosity from the background.

The three Fairbank children walked in front of me for our daily stroll through the park, walking hand in hand with the youngest – a toddling Peter – clinging to Elliot and Charlotte on either side of him. I walked as a close shadow, keeping a careful watch on them with a picnic basket looped through one arm. As we neared our usual shaded area where we stopped for our weekly picnic on the handful of days that the weather was good, Peter and Elliot started to run – as fast as they could with Peter just having learned to walk. Charlotte remained walking patiently, clutching my pet kneazle in her hands. The creature, one Charlotte had named Lottie after herself, settled more comfortably in her arms than it ever did in mine.

When we finally reached our usual space, I set the picnic basket down. Removing the blanket, I spread it out gently before ushering the children to take a seat. Once we were all sat down, I wiped at the children's hands and faces, smiling encouragingly at Peter when he settled himself onto my lap. Searching through the basket, I slowly retrieved all the food, warning the children that they weren't to fill up on sweets before handing Peter a biscuit that he gummed at.

Content, I began to pick at my own food, watching Peter with especially close eyes to make sure he didn't drop his food only to stick it once more in his mouth. Of course, I needed to watch for Charlotte as well who would attempt to feed Lottie everything that was on her plate – especially if the food had any sort of nutritional value and it was something that didn't particularly appeal to her.

As they started to eat, Charlotte listened with very little attention as Elliot regaled her about tales – extremely tall tales – about things that definitely did not happen in his latest sessions with his tutor. Once the children had eaten something, Charlotte and Elliot were on their feet and preparing to run around to play what looked like it was gearing up to be a particularly rambunctious game of tag. Peter attempted to follow after his siblings but I held him securely on my lap, coaxing him to eat some of the bread before he could join them. Finally freed from Charlotte's arms, Lottie curled into a content ball in the middle of the blanket.

Once Peter had eaten enough, I wiped his face and made sure he drank enough water before releasing him. He rose on unsteady feet, and with a strangled excited shriek, he made his way slowly towards his siblings. Of the children, Elliot was the first to spy him, stopping the game temporarily and waiting for a ruddy faced Peter to catch up. Lottie, realising there was no small fingers running through her fur, peeked an eye open and searched out the children. Finding them, she rose to her feet, lifted her nose in the air and ran straight toward them.