Chapter 5

Sarah ducked as the sword missed her head by centimetres, her heart pounding as she ran to the towering brick wall that was to her left. She grabbed her friends, who were cowering against it.
"Okay, this might have been a bad idea." Sarah gasped as a large dark creature, with blood red eyes came hurtling towards them.
"Duck!" Sarah yelled, as it's sword came hurtling towards them. Lottie took hold of both Sarah and Gloria's hands and led them towards a small covent in the wall.

"What the hell are we going to do?" Gloris asked, her eyes panicked. Sarah looked around them and, amongst the fighting saw a large orange-like creature howling at the boulders scattered around the battle field.
"LUDO!" Sarah yelled across the battle that was raging around them. Ludo looked up at his name and as soon as he saw Sarah, his face lit up.
"Sarah!!" Ludo yelled, as he ran across the battle, taking no care on the orcs and goblins he was crushing. Sarah engulfed him in a hug as soon as he reached them.

"Lottie, Gloria, this is Ludo. Ludo these are my friends."
"Ludo, friends?" Ludo asked, turning his head to one side at them.
"Yes, we are your friends Ludo." Lottie replied, her confidence returning to her, which seemed to be lost as soon as they entered the Labyrinth. Ludo smiled and hugged Lottie and Gloria( despite their protests).

"Ludo, we need you to help us get out of here!" Sarah explained. Ludo nodded and turned towards the battle.
"Follow, Ludo." He said, looking over his shoulder at the girls. Sarah nodded and went right behind him. Gloria held onto the rim of Sarah's top. That was when Ludo suddenly ran across the battle field.

Sarah ran after him, dodging the swords and axes that came towards them, trying to keep the same path as Ludo as he galloped across the courtyard. Sarah fell back and pushed the girls forward as she saw Ludo stop by an exit near some hedges.

"Go, go!" Sarah yelled, pushing her friends towards Ludo. Slowly, she rose up, trying to stay out of the way of the battle that seemed to be getting worse. She looked around before crashing into someone. She fell to the ground again and she heard someone scream her name. She looked up to see a black orc smile down at her, with golden armour but with the same red eyes as the others. She looked up and glared at him, backing away slowly.
"Leave me alone." Sarah hissed at it. All the Orc did was chuckle at her, raising its axe above its head, ready to take its next victim. She closed her eyes and waited for the inevitable.

"Leave her." Sarah knew that voice. She opened her eyes to see a tall figure, with black robes and light blonde hair standing before her.
"If you lay one finger on her, I will make sure you suffer a pain worse than any death you could imagine." Jareth growled at the Orc.