Chapter 17

Sarah's heart was racing as Jareth's hands moved to her waist and pulled her in closer. (If that was even possible.) Sarah moved her hands up to his neck and pushed down on it slightly. Jareth responded in a small moan and continued to kiss her passionately. The thing that interrupted them was the sound of the clock striking 12. This made them both jump causing them to break the kiss.

"I should go." She whispered, beginning to walk towards the door. Jareth held onto her hand, "At least let me escort you back to your room." Sarah considered this for a moment, then nodded as she opened the door. Jareth's hand tightened around hers slightly as they left as they both wished they could spend longer in there. Jareth knew they could as it was easy for him to bend time but Sarah wanted to go and he wouldnt push her. Not when things were going so well. In no time at all they had reached Sarah's room. She turned around to face the goblin king, letting go of his hand.

"Good night Jareth." He smiled,then cupped her face in his hand gently and kissed her cheek sweetly.

"Good night Sarah." He then disappeared. Sarah looked around but when she saw a large Barn Owl perching on a ledge she smiled and walked into her room.

Once she was inside she was engulfed in a hug from Hoggle. "Sarah! Where were you? We was really worried about you!" Sarah looked up to see Ludo in her room as well as Sir Dydimus.

"Jareth didn't harm you my lady?" Sir Dydimus asked, dismounting Ambroscious.

"No he didn't hurt me, we were..." Sarah looked out the window searching for some kind of excuse. "We were discussing the current situation and where me and the girls should go if there was an attack." A small O shape appeared on everyone's mouth.

"Where, Sarah, go, if, orcs?" Ludo asked, moving his head to one side in curiosity.

'Damn it.' Sarah thought as she racked her brain for yet another excuse. She looked out the window and saw a small crystal floating outside. Jareth was listening to the conversation! Sarah narrowed her eyes as she thought of something to say.

"We, we didn't figure that out yet, so we are going to meet tomorrow at the same time to discuss this." The crystal then disintegrated into small pieces of glitter.

She turned her head back to her friends who had brought the story. She hates lying to them, but if they knew she had been out with Jareth for a different reason, they would kill him. They all saw the Jareth who kidnapped her brother and taunted Sarah throughout her time in the Labyrinth. It's true that she still saw that but she was beginning to trust him. He had shown her a side that she didn't know he had in him, almost like taking risks wasn't an option anymore. She remembered a time when Jareth gambled almost everything on Sarah not reaching the castle beyond the goblin city but also that she would fall for him. She began to take off the pieces of jewellery and then walked into her bathroom to take off the dress and have a shower. She shoved off the dress and was incredibly grateful Jareth had installed her a shower.

"Are you guys going to sleep here tonight?" Sarah asked from the shower.

"If that's alright with you my lady."

"It's fine!" Sarah shouted back, over the noise of the shower. Once she had finished, she dried her hair and wrapped another towel around her body. She walked into her room, grabbed a long white shirt and some shorts she found.

'Wow, Jareth has really been paying attention to modern stuff." She walked back into the bedroom after she got changed. She saw that they had taken some pillows and blankets out of a cupboard she didn't even know existed.

"Hey, where did you guys find those?"

"One of the goblins showed us when we got taken here... Whipped?" Hoggle pondered, looking at the others for support.

"Oh Whippy!" Sarah nodded, smiling at the thought of the delightful goblin. She climbed into bed and turned out the light, but the stars still shimmered from the window.

"Goodnight everyone." A chorus of,

"Goodnight Sarah." Echoed in the room.