Chapter 6

Sarah's voice was stuck in her throat as the Goblin King stood over her, his usual crystals replaced with glass knifes with dangerous looking edges. Instead of the casual outfits she had previously seen the king in, black armour was in its place.

"So... This is the human I presume?" The Orc chuckled, his voice was dark and sinister with no hint of innocent amusement.

"She is, and you will do well to leave her alone Dursharc." Jareth said, tightening his grasp on the hilt of the knives. Sarah slowly got up from the ground to see the goblins running to surround their King and Sarah. As she looked around, she managed to spot Gloria being held back by Lottie and Ludo. Cautiously, Sarah motioned for Gloria to calm down. She slowly walked nearer to the goblin king, making sure she didn't go too close.

"Are you alright?" Jareth asked Sarah, turning his head slightly to see her, but his attention was fixed on the black Orc. Sarah nodded, moving a step closer to Jareth, he moved back slightly to be nearer her yet not as close as Sarah would've liked.

"Well... This is an.. interesting development." Dursharc grinned, his yellow teeth standing out against the darkness of his skin. The orcs began shuffling nervously whilst their leader slowly lowered his weapons. Jareth, seeing the Orc King's interest, decided to play on his curiosity.

"If you will allow it, let me send Sarah to the castle to be seen to whilst you and I discuss this... development?" Jareth asked slowly. The orc considered this for a moment, then nodded quickly.

"Clear out." Dursharc spoke to his forces in a clear, commanding voice yet still threatening. His troops scrambled in minutes, leaving the goblins, Sarah, the girls and Ludo left in the courtyard. Jareth spoke to a goblin by his feet, it gurgled and nodded.

"Sarah!" Sarah turned to see Lottie and Gloria run towards her and engulf her in a hug.

"Are you okay?" Sarah asked, quickly checking them both over. Ludo walked over, giving Sarah a hug once he reached her. Jareth's face was a pure mask, showing no clear emotion.

"Take the crystal, it will transport you and your friends to the castle. After I have spoken to Durshac, I will see you." Jareth spoke to Sarah. Sarah looked around, a bit ensure of what to do.

"Promise?" Sarah asked, taking the small crystal from his hand. Jareth suddenly took the other, making Sarah jump slightly, but he just held her small hand in his.

"Promise." He confirmed, a small smile forming on the corner of his mouth. He let go of her hand and turned towards the Orc. The crystal started foaming and bubbles started to pour out of the crystal, collecting at Sarah's feet. The bubbles kept foaming out until they surrounded all of Sarah's body. The last thing she saw before her vision was covered by foam, was Jareth. With dark armour covering his body, hair still wild and the knives still in belt hanging bellow the breast plate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi sorry this is a bit short! I hope you are enjoying this so far and I love all feedback!*

Charlie xxx