Chapter 8

"So, why are we here." Gloria asked. Jareth, confused, anwsered, "Because Sarah wished to be in the Labyrinth...."

"Yeah, yeah we KNOW that, what I want to know is what is the deal with orc? And why are we locked away?" Sarah cringed slightly at Gloria's rudeness but she knew what Gloria was like. She always needed to know the truth, no matter how painful or happy it was. Lottie put a hand on Gloria's arm and pulled her back slightly from Jareth.

"Sir, we just want to know if we can do anything to help. We understand that it is a hard time." Lottie asked timidly. Jareth walked over towards the fireplace, which also happened to be quite near Sarah.

"Well, I think you girls may be able to help, but, if Durshac still attacks then I will transported back to your homes. Barely any time would've passed. If you want to go any time sooner, you can." Jareth said, studying each of the girls faces. Ludo just stood their looking confused.

"Ludo, collect Sir Dydimus and... Haggle?"

"Hoggle!..... Its Hoggle." Sarah spoke up. The king looked in her eyes and replied,"Yes... Hoggle." Ludo nodded but looked back at Sarah and turned his head. She smiled reassuringly and nodded slightly. He wandered out of the room, and Sarah turned back to Jareth,

"If we are going to stay here, where are we going to sleep?" Jareth considered this for a moment when Gloria piped up.

"Why dont me and Lottie stay here? I mean there are two beds and enough space for us... It's just Sarah." Sarah was about to protest but Lottie sent her a look that said, 'If you argue, your dead.' So Sarah shut her mouth.

"I have a room just along the corridor you could use. It's about 5 minutes from here." Jareth suggested, but it sounded more like he was asking Sarah. She nodded, glancing back at her friends. Strangely, she got a nod of approval.

"If you wait outside Sarah, I will explain where everything is to the your friends." Jareth told her, walking over toward Gloria and Lottie. She walked outside, feeling as if she were a child again. After closing the door, Sarah walked over to the balcony and lent herself against it. She began to count the stars that were appearing in the darkening sky.

******* Meanwhile***************

"So what is it you really want? Because I'm going to make a guess that your not going to tell us about the room." Gloria asked as soon as Sarah had left the room. Jareth sighed, sitting on the corner of one of the beds. He ran a hand through his hair and looked up at the two, protective girls who were glaring at him.

"I need your help... With Sarah." He asked quietly. Lottie stepped forward.

"What about Sarah?"

"I need you to help me make her... Make her fall in love with me." He looked up, hope filled in his eyes and for the first time, the goblin king looked very vulnerable. Gloria looked at Lottie for a minute, and then turned back to Jareth.

"We will not make Sarah do anything, but we will help you, if we can, to enhance her feelings for you." She said slowly, considering every word she said. Gloria would never force her friend to do anything against her will, but, if she could help Jareth and Sarah get together she would.

"We also have conditions." Lottie added. When the king smiled, it lit up his whole face.

"Anything!"

"First. If we decide its time to stop, we stop. No arguing. We know her and we will know when enough is enough." Lottie said, a stern look covered her face.

"Second. Dont argue with what we say. In this room two out of three of us know her better than anyone and I am pretty sure I know who they are." Gloria added.

"Finally... If she gets hurt, in any way, as a result of this.... We will kill you." Lottie finished, her tone slightly threatening as she looked into Jareth's eyes.

"Okay, I can't thank you enough!" Jareth got up off the bed and went to leave but before he did he turned back to them.

"Sarah doesnt know how lucky she is to have friends like you.... There are some clothes in the wardrobe for you to wear while you are here." He then walked out of the door to meet Sarah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Guys, I wanted to try some of it without Sarah being in the scene, what did you guys think?:) comment below. Also, I probably shouldve warned you but my chapters wont be very long but I will try and update regularly:)

Charlie xxxx