Chapter 7

When Sarah's vision finally came back to her, she found that she was in the throne room of the castle. Only this time, it was different. Instead of the one passage way, that Sarah knew lead to the Esther room, there was a large oak door with a lock. The goblin, which had traveled with them, walked up to the door, placed three fingers on the lock and whispered. Glora moved closer slightly, to try and catch what the goblin had whispered but it whipped its head up quickly. The goblin shoved the door open and grunted, "This way."

Gloria followed first, marching behind it showing her lack of approval for all of this. Lottie and Ludo followed, as it had seemed that Lottie had taken a liking to Ludo (and vice a versa). It was Sarah who trailed behind. She wanted to take in every detail of the castle, as there were small carvings in the cold stone that she hadnt noticed before. The goblin led them through several passage ways, each more complicated than the next.

'It's almost like being in the Labyrinth again..." Sarah thought absent mindedly, while she just about kept up with her guide. This continued, for what Sarah felt like hours until the goblin stopped outside a grey door which almost blended into the stone.

"Here, you may go in." And with that, the goblin ran down the hallway.

"What a miserable git." Gloria muttered, walking into the door without a second glance. Ludo went in next, bending his head to just about fit throught the doorway. After he finally fit through Lottie went in but stopped at the door.

"You coming?" She asked, turning her head slightly to one side. Sarah shook her head.

"I'm going to stay out here for a bit." Lottie nodded and closed the door behind her. Sarah walked up to the door and pressed one ear to grey wood.

"Why isnt she coming in?"

"Because she needs some time to herself..."

"To do what?! Write poetry?!"

"NO! She needs to figure things out, i dont think she expected it to work so her heads probably seriously fucked up!" Sarah didnt wait to hear anymore. She walked towards the window, well more like balcony opposite the door. The arches towar over her, each arch had a small ivy design in small pannells that continued into the ceiling. She craned her neck back to follow the vine as it snaked it's way up into the ceiling. Sarah stopped looking when she almost fell backwrads. Instead, she looked at the view she had from the window. She could see the whole Labyrinth from there. All the walls that mazed around, until she caught the sun setting on the horizon.

"Oh yeah, time is different here." Sarah muttered.

"I suppose it is a bit diffferent from where you came from."

Sarh turned her head quickly to see Jareth leaning against one of the pillars. He walked towards her, no longer in his armour. He stopped next to her, and leant on the stone ledge of the balcony and looked out to the Labyrinth. Sarah did the same and watched the sun.

"It's beautiful... I missed it." She mumbled quietly. Sarah hid her face in her hair but kept her eyes on the sun that continued to set. After a few minutes of silence, Sarah asked, "What did the orc say?"

Jareth sighed and turned to look at Sarah, "I assume that you know the reason behind the battle since you know he is an orc?" Sarah nodded, turning to face him.

"Well, because you and your friends turned up, Durshac figured that there was still a possibility for me to have a queen. Depsite his lust for power, he has experience and time on his side. Since there are only 6 months left, he believes I will not find someone to be queen. Although he wants the Labyrinth, he cannot afford to lose us as allies. We may not be friends but the Labyrinth keeps out unwanted visitors to both out kingdoms and I have worked this Labyrinth for 150 years. But, he will not stop the attack if on the exact day of 200 years. He is clever." Jareth side, and ran a hand through the already tangled mess of blonde hair. Sarah moved closer to him, so they were almost touching, and she could feel him from where she was leaning.

"Why am I here?" Sarah asked.

"Because you wished it. Not once had a stopped looking and waiting for you Sarah," Sarah's heart fluttered a little since it had been the first time in a year that she had heard him say her name. "Not once did I even think about not giving you everything." Jareth turned and walked away, towards the room where Gloria, Lottie and Ludo were staying. Sarah snapped out of her thoughts, which mostly contained what Jareth had said. She walked through door, followed by Jareth.