Chapter 9

Sarah turned around at the sound of the door opening behind her. Jareth stepped out of the room and walked over to Sarah.
"Ready?" He asked, motioning towards the corridor. Sarah nodded but noticed something different about him, a small sparkle in his eyes which weren't there before. He started to walk down the corridor so Sarah half skipped- half ran to catch up with him.

"So where am I going to stay?" Sarah asked after 5 minutes of walking.
"Your going to be staying in the guest suite, my room is about another five minutes down the corridor."
"Okay." Sarah spoke quietly. An awkward silence fell upon them as they continued to walk for a few more minutes. Suddenly Jareth stoped and waved his had over a seemingly empty wall, vines began to grow from the floor until they formed the shape of a door with intricate patterns swirled inside the door.

"How?" Sarah mumbled, stepping forward to place a hand on the door. it suddenly swung open at her touch, leading into her new bedroom.
"Thing's aren't always what they seem here." Jareth said with a small smile on his face. Sarah looked back at the door, then back to Jareth, a smile creeping onto her face. She wandered into the room, whilst Jared leaned against the door frame watching her.

The room was perfect. A large bookshelf ran around the whole room, which was more of a circle shape than the usual square. The white marble filled the floors and walls whilst thin pillars, much like the ones outside the girls' room, held the room in place. The bed was a queen sized bed, with a pale brown duvet and several pillows gently placed at the head. A small curtain hung around the bed, with pale white furniture scattered around the room. A large glass window shone remaining light in the room while Sarah sat down on the window seat beneath it. Jareth walked towards her and sat down next her.

"Do you like it?" He asked her, watching as she hid slightly behind her hair.
"Yes, it's beautiful." She blushed, looking anywhere but at Jareth. Butterflies were swarming in her stomach but all she could think about was him and how stupid she must look blushing like that. She subconsciously ran a hand through her hair but Jareth stopped her by putting his hand over hers.
"Dont hide." Sarah turned to look at him when their eye's met. Jareth smiled and trailed his hand down her hair, his eyes soft. Sarah quickly turned away as she got up out of her seat. Her heart was hammering against her chest, when she walked over to the bed.

"I guess we should all get some sleep." The Goblin King's heart fell a little but he quickly nodded and walked out of the room. "I will send your friends in if they arrive at the castle after dawn." And with that, he left without another word. Sarah watched him walk out and felt as if a little peice of her had walked out with him. She got up to get a t-shirt from the huge chest of draws across from the bed. Sarah smiled slightly at how gentle Jareth had been when stroking her head. He seemed different from the controlling man that she had previously seen but something was stopping her trusting him. She wasnt quite sure on what it was... But something seemed missing.