Chapter 22

Jareth and Sarah walked to the main hall hand in hand, their spirits high. Drake walked along side them when he left his room.

"An extra hour Jareth, what where you doing?" He winked at the pair.

"Okay, you are just disgusting." Sarah told him, rolling her eyes. Jareth chuckled and slung his arm over her shoulders. Drake walked into the hall but Sarah held Jareth back.

"Are we going to tell everyone?"

"I was planning on announcing it at dinner, make it seem as if I asked you during the day." Sarah nodded,

"I need to tell the guys first, so they don't freak out."

"Aren't Gloria and Lottie going to freak out anyway?" Jareth suggested. Sarah sighed, "That's good freak out, I think Hoggle will want to kill you and rope the others into helping. Trust me. Call me out of training to ask me." Jareth considered this and then nodded.

"Always trying to get out of training." Sarah shoved the king and walked into the hall leaving Jareth outside. He grinned to himself at his new girlfriend.

'She is amazing.' He thought to himself as he entered the dinning hall, removing the grin.

"I swear to god, tell your boyfriend to ease up on us." Sarah muttered to Gloria as this time training was about stamina. Something about 'evading enemies'.

"He is Not my boyfriend!" Gloria hissed as Drake watched them from the middle of the field which was apparently bigger than the arena.

"Yeah but you want him to be."

"What was that last night? 'Drake is a really good teacher.' 'Do you think he works out?'" Lottie added as she overtook Gloria. Sarah laughed but quickly stopped as that began to hurt her side. She was thoroughly relieved when Jareth appeared next to Drake and began talking to him.

"Speaking of boyfriends isn't that yours?" Gloria teased. Sarah rolled her eyes and then jogged over to Drake when he motioned for her to come over.

"Jareth would like to speak to you privately." He winked but before he could walk away Sarah turned and said. "I suppose you will be asking to speak to Gloria in private soon." Drake turned and spluttered, his face growing a deep shade of red.

"You are cruel." Jareth whispered in her ear as he guided her off the field.

Once they reached the garden Jareth gave her his jacket they sat down on small bench. Jareth plucked a rose out of the air and handed it to Sarah. She took it then noticed something different around the edges. "It's silver." She said. Jareth draped an arm over her shoulders,

"It's a little different from the others but my favourite. The strange thing is that no name has ever been invented for it." Sarah twirled it around in her hand.

"It is beautiful."

"Not as much as you." He replied, taking it and placing it in her hair. Sarah blushed slightly and then let her gaze fall around the garden.

"Was there a reason you pulled me out of practise?" Sarah teased.

"Oh yes! I was going to ask this incredible woman to court me but I have just remembered, I already have her." Sarah smiled, "I bet she is a really lucky girl." Jareth shook his head, his caused Sarah to panic a little.

"I'm the lucky one." Sarah's heart soared to cloud nine, and she kissed the Goblin King. He kissed her back running his hands through her long dark hair. Jareth pulled away first, and took her hand.

"I want to show you something." Sarah nodded, and followed him.

Jareth led her through the garden towards a small fountain in the corner. He sat down on the edge and Sarah sat across from him.

"If you through something of value into the water, it shows you what you want." He then took a coin out of his pocket and tossed it in the water causing ripples to form.

"Ask it to show you something." He told Sarah. Sarah looked into the water.

"Show me my family." The ripples turned to form Toby and her father playing together and her step-mother walking into the room with her homemade lemonade. Sarah's heart tugged at the sight of her father and Toby, causing her eyes to glisten over. She was brought back from her thoughts when she felt Jareth's hand over hers.

"I hoped this would help." Sarah moved over so she could lean against Jareth, letting small tears trickle from the corners of her eyes.

"Thank you Jareth." He held onto her and watched the image dissolve into ripples. She didn't want words of comfort or support, she just needed to be held by someone she cared about. After a few minutes, she dried her eyes on the sleeve of the jacket.

"What about your family, apart from Drake?" Jareth sighed and tossed another coin into pool. This time, it showed a memory. It was of Jareth and Drake who where younger and looked about 13/14. They were playing with, who looked like an older version of Jareth with Drake's eyes. He wore the same necklace as Jareth always wore. A woman walked in with a matching necklace, and with Jareth's eyes. She got grabbed by the man (who Sarah guessed was Jareth's father.) and was kissed lightly on her nose. Suddenly a goblin came in and announces an attack. Both mother and father left the room telling them to stay here and not move. They stayed for several hours until an elf came in and handed Jareth the two necklaces.

"They're gone, your highness." This is when the water rippled to show Jareth and Sarah's reflections.

"It was a rogue Orc attack. I was 15 and was forced to rule with the help of the high elves until I was old enough to rule alone. I suppose that is why Aragon trusts my judgement, because I was partly brought up by elves." Sarah touched his arm gently.

"I'm sorry." Jareth shook his head and smiled sadly. "It was a long time ago. But some things stay with us forever." Sarah kissed his cheek gently.

"Your not going to lose me." She told him gently. He smiled at looked into her eyes.

"If I ever lost you, I don't know what I would do." He kissed her briefly and sweetly on her lips. "Come on, I think I have stolen you for long enough." Sarah sighed as she got up from the fountain.