Chapter One

Being the child of a night guard,you are left home alone every night. It's perfectly fine and very lovely, but things get weird when your dad starts to bring work home. He was so dedicated to his work, his boss and, the business, to the point were he even let his boss use our basement to store extra props.

And when I say "props", I mean the old animatronics that used to bring in the money for my father's boss. But now, they're replaced by new, better ones who could attract more people. The old animatronics were like family to the boss and he never wanted to replace them, but he needed more money... And if that meant replacements, then so be it. That's why he asked my father if he could store them in our basement. My father was more than happy to, even though there were some problems with them... like trying to kill him... but whatever.

Hey, at least it makes for a good conversation starter! Whenever we have guests over, my father tells them about the animatronics. They'd never believe him, though, until they're brought down to the basement. Yeah, we get so many people come over just to see if the story is true; that the (L/N) family has animatronics down in their basement. That they have four scary, decomposing, once loved animatronics in their basement.

Whenever my friends come over, they always want to hang in the basement. There's a closet-like room down there where the animatronics are being held. I never knew why they liked looking at them so much. I guess it's because of the way they look. Which I don't understand because they look like they crawled out of a fucking nightmare! They have places where their endoskeleton is exposed. You could see their extra sets of teeth and pieces of their suppose-to-be skin was hanging off or missing (especially around their eyes). Hell there were wires popping out, all exposed and junk! It was hard to believe that these guys were once friendly and human looking.

So looking at old pictures of them was strange and just makes you think of the kinds of shit these animatronics went through. I felt bad for them, the poor things. I especially felt bad for the one named Bonnie. He is the purple humanoid bunny animatronic. The first reason why I felt bad for him was because of his name; it belonged to a girl! The other reason was because he looked the worst out of all of them. I remember that my dad told me that his face and arm were missing at some point, but they were able to restore both parts.

He looked good now, better than what he did before, but he wasn't as good as his original self. None of them were, and it was horrible. I have the new generation to blame. They're all so greedy, wanting new things all the time with no respect for the classics... But what could I do? I could only feel bad for them.

Was is weird for me to go into the basement just to converse with them some days? Or just go down there and chill with my music blasting? Probably...But I am a major heavy metal fan and into some dark shit along with my friends, so hey! It's probably not that bad to want to hand with the animatronics. Now that I think about it, that's probably the reason why they love being with those things... All nightmarish and chill inducing... And they loved bunny-boy the most because he was different.

I liked the humanoid bunny too, but I wasn't as crazy over him like my friends were. For example, they made him their logo for their band and talked about him, like, all the time. I mean, sure, I was always thinking of the bunny, but only because I would draw pictures of him, as well as the others. To me they were captivating. A true artist sees art everywhere, and those scary looking robots down in my basement were practically telling me to draw them! I couldn't resist them! They were calling to me!

Man, if my mother was still around she would kill me for doing that. She always thought that drawing was unladylike and that I should do something else like, I don't know, sewing. Don't even get me started on how she would react if she saw how I dressed. She never liked the way I expressed myself and the fact that my father told me that I should embrace who I was. That made my mother leave us. Dad and I couldn't care less, though. We were fine with the way we lived.

Well, anyway, I love my life. It fits my standards and is full of interesting things. But it didn't stay like that for long... And one night that changed it all.