Chapter 48

- Finally back home! - Selvaggia sighed happily once when we got out of the taxi - It was time already!

- I know - I laughed while together we walked up to the door.

I was the one opening the front door because I wanted to reveal my surprise.

My surprise that everyone was in the house.

- What? - she gasped when she saw Fabio, Petra and all of the people we know and love are in our living room - What's... Going on here?

- So much is going on here - I replied - But first... How about we go in? - I added as I pushed both her and Leon in gently.

Since they had no idea what's going on they just went in while I also walked in, by now starting to feel nervous as hell.

As we were in I turned to stand in front of Selvaggia while people around us barely could hold back their excitment because they've already known what I was planning to do.

- They're here because I called them...

She was silent so I continued.

- They all need to hear what I want to say to you now... - I said then after a deep sigh I got to the point - Selvaggia Lucarelli... You've been there for me in the hardest times... You helped me to feel better... And soon became my girlfriend... Someone that I love more than anything... And now...

I got on one knee and took the ring I got her out while by now everyone gasped, including Selvaggia...

- Now I want to ask you... If you'd make me the happiest man alive and marry me?

By now she could hardly hold her tears back while she said:

- Yes... Goddamnit, Diego! Yes!! - she cried and I immediately jumped up in happiness and while the others were clapping I slid the ring on her finger, kissed her hand then I kissed her on the lips lovingly which she returned immediately.

- I love you so much... - I mumbled as I broke the kiss, barely get to breathe.

- I love you too.... And thank you so much... - she whispered while she also had her hands on my cheeks, looking into my eyes.

- I promise... I promise that I'll be the best husband you could ever wish for...

- Well, you better! - suddenly Ivana interrupted, getting both of our attention - Because if not... You'll deeply regret it... I promise you that.

I just smiled and nodded as by now she seems to accept me and her friend being together and I honestly want to be the best for both Selvaggia and everyone else.