Chapter 3 - Busan Art School

It's Sunday and I'm resting in the living room or more like 'couch potato'ing. I crossed my legs and have been flipping through the channels since 10 minutes ago. Urgh, I'm so bored!

My phone suddenly rang on the coffee table. Mom bought me a new phone since my last phone was crashed in the accident.

Quickly, I grabbed my phone on the table and looked at the caller id. Mom? I swiped the answer icon.
"Yeobuseyo?"

"Jae-ah, open the gates for me. I forgot to bring the remote with me."said Mom.

"Ne, just wait a second." I hung up and reached for the gates switch on the wall before pressing it. Two minutes later, Mom walked into the living room upstairs which I was.

"Jae." She called and I turned to her, she was carrying a paper bag.

"Yes. What is it?" I replied and sat up. She took a seat infront of me.

"Do you remember your old school in Daegu?" asked her.

I shook my head. Not really. Whenever I think about Daegu my head always hurt. Like there was something forbid me to remember. I wonder what..

"Since we have moved our house two months ago. I have registered you to a new school, Busan Art School. I also bought you your school uniform but I forgot to hand it to you yesterday." She handed me a paper bag. I took it and peeked in. Cool.

"Thanks but Mom, why did we moved away? I mean, why so far? From Daegu to Busan?" I asked, bitting my nails. I was afraid mom would be mad at me for asking that question.

But instead, she just smiled. "You and your father had an accident in Daegu and so I just thought Daegu is not our place and I just randomly chose Busan to move in. Besides, Busan have an Art School that is really good for you. Oh yeah, school starts tomorrow." replied Mom.

I nodded. Art School. Art school is not just a painting or colouring school it have music class and ordinary classes too. I'm in a painting class.. I guess, well, according to all the paintings in my bedroom.

"Ja, ppali go to the kitchen and clean the fish I just bought from the market. You still remember how to do it, right?"

I smiled and nodded.

"Good, now go. I'll join you in 10 minutes."

...

"Do your best, sweetie! If you need anything just call me okay? Bye." waved Mom in her car before she drove away.

I stepped my first ever step into the school's hallway. Seemed that there was nobody here yet. I admired the trophies in the glass cupboard as I wandered around. They were so shinny. Wish I had one.

"Hey."

I turned to the voice. It was a tall figure of a boy standing upon me. His hair was brown, his eyes were black and sharp, his lips were curved, smiling at me.

"Oh, H-hey."I replied and waved awkwardly.

"I've never seen you around, are you new?" He asked, politely.

"Yes. I'm.. Kim Cheon Jae from Daegu Art School."

He nodded. "Ohh, you're that kid. I'm Kim Seok Jin by the way and I'm the head boy of this school. You can call me, Jin." said Jin. He seemed nice.

I nodded and scanned him from head to toe. He seemed to be too young for a head boy but, what can I do.

"You must be wondering what class you are in. Lucky you, I have the list for that." said Jin and took out his pad files, checking which class I'm in.

Three words. Nerd, without specs. Urgh. Quickly I shook my head. I shouldn't judge people after waking up from three months of coma. That's just so rude.

"Aha, here it is. You're in 5MS4. It's upstairs and the second class on your right."

"Ah, Thank you." I bowed at him.

He replied with a cheeky smile. "You're welcome."

...

While I was on my way to the class, the boy, Jin sunbaenim came back to me told me that a teacher wanted to see me in the teachers' office. And so, here I am.

"Are you Kim Cheon Jae?" asked a pretty young teacher.

I nodded in response.

She started to pack her stuffs on her table. "Let's go to your class. Class is starting in 2 minutes. Btw, my name is Lee Rae Ri. You can call me Miss Rae Ri." She said while we're in our way to the class.

I nodded again and finally arrived in front of my class to be. Huh.

"Stay here, you'll walk in when I call you, okay?"ordered her.

"Okay, Miss Rae Ri."

Miss Rae Ri went in to the class and said something to the whole classroom. Bla.. bla.. bla.. I was too nervous to hear everything she said.

"Cheon Jae, come in." She cued.

I gasped softly and walked into the class slowly, my heart beat was beating fast and I can't even breathe properly.

"Please introduce yourself to the class."

"Urm.. Annyeonghaseyo, My name is Kim Cheon Jae. You can call me Cheon Jae. I'm from Daegu Art School. Urrm.. jalbutakdeulibnida." I bowed in front of the class. Some boys cheered while others were whispering to their friends, probably talking about me.

"Okay. Cheon Jae,you can sit-"

A girl suddenly raised her hand up and caught everyone's attention.

"She can sit beside me." said her, pointing at the empty seat beside her.

"Okay then, you can sit beside Soo Ah."

I nodded and walked towards my seat, heads on the floor, avoiding everyones' glare. I dropped my bag on my seat and glanced to the girl beside me, Soo Ah. Should I start the conversation? Hm.. alright then.

"Hi. I'm Kim Cheon Jae. Nice to meet you."

I handed out my hand, nervously.

"Hi. I'm Lee Soo Ah. You can call me Soo Ah." And we shook our hands. Okay, that went well.

"So, do you like patbingsu?" She grinned, raising an eyebrow to me.