Chapter 20 - Hearteu

Kim Cheon Jae

We walked to my Harabeoji's house after having our breakfast. I tighten the scarf Jimin gave me on my neck. It was so cold today.

"How far is it left, Jiminie?"I asked. I didn't know I ran this far yesterday.

"Just around the corner. Wae? Are you tired? Do you want me to give you a piggyback?" asked Jimin.

I shook my head. "I'm a little tired but I don't need a piggyback. I'm 17, you know." I chuckled.

He smiled. "Kaja. (let's go.)Your Harabeoji's house is just around the corner."

"Jimin how did you know my Arabeoji's house? I mean, we're just friends for 2 months and I haven't gone to their house after I woke up from my coma. Even I, didn't know their house." I said.

He smiled. "Yoongi figured it out when your Mom came to the house twice last month. And so, he told me that everytime we were walking by your Harabeoji's house to school."

I nodded like a child. I didn't know Eomma went to Arabeoji's house twice last month. Maybe she had things to take care of. Nevermind then.

"Ja. We are here!"said JiMin eagerly.

I looked at the closed gate upon me and sighed. I turned to JiMin and bowed to him.

"Gomawo Jiminie for letting me stay at your house and walked me to my Harabeoji's house." I said.

He smiled. "Nah, It's okay. You are my friend and you know how I like to help my friend in need."

I smiled back. "So, you're going to walk home, alone?"

He nodded. "Yup, I guess. Don't worry, I think my bodyguard was following us and hiding somewhere now. I'll walk home with him. Bye Cheon Jae, see you at school tomorrow."

He bid me goodbye and walked away. I watched his back as he left and smiled. I opened the gates and walked into the yard.

I walked to the front door and knocked the door softly. Then, the door opened and I saw Harabeoji's shocked face. I smiled and he suddenly pulled me into the house.

He shut the door gently. Maybe he doesn't want to wake Halmeoni and turned to me.

"Where have you been, Kim Cheon Jae? I've been worried sick about you." He pulled me in his arms.

I froze and my tears started to shed. Harabeoji.. I hugged his back and cried on his shoulder. "I-I'm sorry Harabeoji. I thought you hated me." I said while sobbing.

He patted my back. "Aish, you're my only granddaughter, how can I hate you?"

My tears were falling before I felt a hand patting my back. I pushed Harabeoji's chest and turned around. Halmeoni?

"Where have you been yesterday? I'm so worried about you. Don't you care about me? I'm old and yo-"

I hugged her and she hugged me back. "Mianhae, mianhae Halmeoni. I do care about you but I thought you ha-"

She hit my back. "How could you say that? You're my only granddaughter. I'm sorry too for yelling at you." She pushed me from the hug and held my shoulders.

"Will you forgive me, Jae-ah?"asked Halmeoni.

I stared at her teary eyes and nodded. "Yes and I'm sorry too for running away from you guys."

Halmeoni and Harabeoji hugged me.

Jiminie, you were right. Time really heals our heart.

...