Chapter 19 - Warmth

Kim Cheon Jae

He held my hand and stroked my head gently while saying some comforting words like,There-there, I'm here, I'm sorry and It's okay.

My tears stopped falling and I wiped the remaining tears on my cheeks. Maybe my tears were all dried out. I lifted my head to him and mouthed, Thank you.

He nodded and sighed. "What were you doing back there? Crying by yourself?"asked JiMin, his voice was low, too low and soft.

I looked down and shook my head, not wanting him to know. I don't want to owe him something. I hate to burden him and so I have to lie.

I gave him a fake smile and shook my head again. "Nothing, I-I was.. jogging and.. I tripped infront of your house. But I swear, I didn't know this is your house."

Well, the part 'I didn't--your house' was totally true. Who knew JiMin is a wealthy kid.

"Okay.. so why are you squatting and crying at the gate?" He asked, his eyebrows were furrowing.

"Urm.. It was sweat. Pftt, I wasn't crying. Who told you I was crying?" I smiled awkwardly.

He stared into my eyes for a long time and suddenly flicked his finger on my forehead several times. I shouted in pain, pushing his dirty fingers away.

He stopped and gazed at annoyed me.

"Inma! Why did you do that? Neomu appeo!" I shouted, rubbing my red-ish forehead.

"Cheon Jae, we've been friends for quite a long time but this is a new thing I know about you.. You're really bad at lying."said JiMin.

"So you're telling me you jogged, tripped infront of my house and squatting while sweating through your eyeballs? That's really lame Kim Cheon Jae and I'm not that stupid you know."

I pouted and looked down, avoiding eye contact. He sighed and held both my hands. "Look at me CJ, bwa-bwa. (look at me)"said JiMin.

And I did looked at him.

"Tell me, what's going on with you. Tell me the truth."

He's making the puppy eyes at me. Urgh.. Don't look at me like that.

"Please?"

I sighed and nodded, "Fine."

I told him everything, including Yoongi. He listened to me carefully while stroking my head, again. He's really a good listener.

"I'm really sorry, Jae-ah . You're not the cause of your Appa's death. It's the fate, we can't blame someone or yourself. Your Halmeoni was just.. overreacting she still can't face the truth. Don't worry CJ-ah, time will heal her."said JiMin.

I scrunched my nose up. "You think so?"

"I know so, its just the matter of time." He replied. Trying to convince me.

I nodded and smiled at him. "Thank you, chim chim-ah. You are a really great friend and a good listener too. I don't know how I can repay you."

He shook his head. "Don't need to. You, being my friend is good enough for me."

We exchanged smiles.

"Okay. Now, I want to take a bath upstairs. Do you want tea? My servant can serve it for you."asked JiMin. He stood up while looking at me.

I smiled. "That would be nice."

He called his servant and ordered the tea.He smiled (he's always smiling.) again at me. "Get some rest. I'll be back in 30, okay?"

I nodded, he walked up the stairs to his room.

...

Park Jimin

After done bathing, I put on my pajama and combed my hair. My head was just full of her right now, and so my hair was a mess. I threw the comb on the bed cause there's no point of combing now and walked out of my room.

As I walked into the living room, I saw her sleeping peacefully on the couch. I walked closer to her and stared at her angelic face.

My heart beat raced, Mwoya?

"She's been sleeping for the last 15 minutes and don't worry she had her tea."said Steve, out of nowhere.

I turned to him and asked him to take a blanket for her. He immediately ordered the maid and the blanket was in my hand in just a blink.

I laid her on the couch from her sat gently and covered her with the blanket. She moved around a bit and moaned.. she stopped.

I thought she was gonna wake up. I sighed and sat on the one-seated couch beside her's. I turned to her and my hand moved to her head. I touched her hair and gently stroked her soft almond hair.

I sighed as I stroked her hair. How can I not fall in love with you.

I laid my hand on the side of the couch and yawned. My eyes slowly closing with my hand gently stroking her head.

...

Kim Cheon Jae

I opened my eyes when I heard some whispering and giggling. I pushed aside the hand that was on my head and sat up.

Wait.. whose hand was that?

I turned to my left and saw JiMin, sleeping calmly on the couch. What exactly did happened?

Ahh.. now I remember. I was at his house last night, running from my Halmeoni..

I placed his hand on his lap gently. I looked around and saw two maids whispering to each other.

"Hey."

They were shocked and froze. Okay..
They bowed and walked closer to me.

"Yes, Miss? Do you need something?"asked one of the maid, in english.

"Urm.. nothing. I just want to go home." I mumbled in korea.

She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Nothing. It's okay, thank you."I replied, in english. They bowed and walked away. I nodded and took my phone on the coffee table. It's 9.00 a.m. already?

1 message
Mom

Oh? Mom? I pressed the message icon and opened the inbox.

I'm glad that you're okay Honey. Take your time, but please promise me you'll go back to your Harabeoji's house,okay? He's worried sick. Gotta go, I'll see you soon Honey. Love you.

I love you too, eomma..

Suddenly I heard a moan, I turned to JiMin. He stretched his arms and tilted his neck. Then, smiled at me.

"Morning."said JiMin with his husky half awake voice.

I smiled back, "Morning."

He stood up and sat beside me. "Did you sleep well last night?"

I nodded, half listening, half daydreaming. My head was thinking about something else.

"Do you want to go home? To your Harabeoji's house?"asked JiMin.

Huh? How did he know I was messing my head with it? I nodded slowly.

"I'll walk you there but first, wash up and have breakfast with me, okay?" He asked.

"Okay."

If that's what he wants I'll do it. He helped me a lot last night so why don't I repay him with this little thing. Besides, my tummy is growling for food right now.

He smiled in response, ruffled my hair and walked upstairs.