three

Chapter 3
Teddy Lupin

Victoire and Teddy had been in the past for almost a month already. They had both fallen into a rhythm or routine of some sort, the shock had worn off quite a lot. Teddy, often hanging out with the marauders, helping them with their pranks. Victoire often just stayed in the library, not talking to most people. Sometimes Lily or Remus would join her, but they wouldn't talk much.

Victoire and Teddy were just walking back from a late night walk, it wasn't exactly before curfew.

"Are you even trying to find a way home?" Victoire asked accusingly. "You spend all your time goofing off now. It isn't like you."
"You can't blame me, Vic. I like spending time with my dad, even if he doesn't know who I am. We've become good friends." Teddy kept his voice calm. Inside he felt quite angry.
"Do you even want to go home!" Victoire yelled. Where had all this anger towards him come from?
"No! I don't want to go home!" Teddy yelled "At home I have no one! Here, my dad is alive, my mom is alive-" Victoire cut him off
"No one?!" she shrieked.

She said the password to the fat lady. She swung open but they didn't enter. Vic and Ted weren't done fighting. What the two didn't know, was that three boys underneath an invisibility cloak were sneaking out. Had they known this, they would have shut up.

"What about me?" Victoire continued "I have been there for you full moon after full moon, without expecting any thanks." The eavesdroppers had planned on just sneaking past, but they had become slightly interested in the conversation now.
"Some people told me to stay away from you, you know, and only be your friend after you 'time of the month'. I kept by you even when they told me not to!"
"That is way out of line!" Teddy yelled at her
"Is it?" Victoire countered "You act like you've never had a parent in your life!"
"I haven't! They're dead! Even Gran is dead." Teddy's voice dropped to a whisper. Victoire, however, kept going.
"What about Harry and Ginny? They raised you! What about Grandma? She always treated you like her grandchild because you are. You're here, off prancing with the Marauders, completely ignoring me, who's trying to get us home. You have left me completely alone for the entire month!"
"You're not completely alone, you know." Teddy gained a bit more confidence "Your dad-"
"That... that boy is not my father. Nor will he ever be. Not if things keep on going like they are."
"Vic, you've gotta see things from my point of view." Teddy pleaded
"You know, maybe the people who told me to stay away from you were right." Victoire spat. She spun on her heel and stalked up to bed.

Teddy stood dumbfounded in the way for a moment. Sad, then hurt, then anger flashed on his face. He spun around and stomped off to the forbidden forest. He didn't resurface until the morning.

James, Sirius, and Peter stood in the hallway. Hidden by the invisibility cloak. After a moment, they recovered. They snuck out of the castle and out to the shrieking shack.

(A/N: First off, I'm sorry. This tiny chapter took me way too long. I have been nothing but busy and then I was planning on doing it today after my eye appointment but now I am temporarily blind. Everything is super blury and in reality I shouldn't be on my phone right now... but look on the bright side, everything is bright for me right now and I only walked into one wall today. -Jul)