fifteen

Chapter 15
Teddy Lupin

Teddy was just a shell of his sixth year self. In just six month so much had changed. Just in the last week, so much had changed. Victoire had left, never to return, and Teddy fell into a depression. His hair had lost its usual vigor and pink colour, it had a sad and faded gray.

It was Christmas day. He missed absolutely everyone. Every Christmas, all the Potters and Weasleys, as well as any other family who wanted to come along, would gather around the Burrow. Everyone would bring loads of food and they would have a magnificent potluck feast, along with laughing and presents and the telling of old stories.

Teddy couldn't take it anymore. He was so homesick he felt as though he was going to be sick. Teddy snatched Vic's letter off the top of his trunk, where it had lay dormant for the week. On the outside of the envelope, in Victoire's neat handwriting, it said 'Teddy Luther. Do not open until you're ready to come home.' And that's what he had done. He pulled out the first piece of parchment. It was a letter.

Dear Teddy,

I'm not really sure why I'm writing to you like this but I just feel like I need to. I just wanted to say, well, I have feelings for you. I want to kick myself for just outright saying that, but I kind of have a feeling that you won't ever read this. You seem happy in 1977. You like being around Remus, James, Sirius, and all the others. Just, be careful for me. You might notice we've never met any of the people in seventh year. They all died. I don't want to scare you, I just want you to be careful, your are in the middle of a war. Whatever. I'm sure I'm just worrying for nothing.

Would you take care of dad for me? I'm sure he'll be fine but I don't think he has any friends his own age. And don't worry about telling everyone that I'm gone for good. I'm going to write a letter to Dumbledore telling him I've gone home and then a mass letter to all the Gryffindors. I'm sorry for leaving you. I really didn't want to, but I couldn't take it anymore, staying without Dom and Lou. They drive me crazy but I love 'em.

See you later?

Love, Victoire Weasley.

P.S. It'll be weird being Vic Weasley again...

Vic fancied him? Teddy couldn't believe it. He had felt the same way since their third year but had never done anything about it since he didn't want to ruin the friendship. He had tried at one point, but that was the day that Victoire got together with her long time boyfriend in the end of their fifth year. They had only broken up at the end of their sixth year, and Teddy had been the one who had comforted his friend. But looking back, she never seemed to distraught. She had been the one to break up with him but had never said why..

He'd made up his mind. He was going home and he was going to be with Victoire.

He started to gother up some of his things that were sprawled about the dorm. He shoved the miscellaneous items into the top of his trunk. He started moving more and more quickly, until he seemed almost frantic.He heard his name being called several time from the common room. Reluctantly, Teddy abandoned his task and went out to meet whoever needed him so badly.

In the common room, he say a young Bill Weasley, looked very worried and very distraught.

"Bill, what's wrong?" Teddy asked the young boy

"It's Victoire." He blurted out. "She's in the Hospital Wing."

"What? No. She went home for the holidays." Teddy protested

"I know, but... she's there. James told me to come and get you." Bill grabbed his wrist and started to lead him to towards the wing. Teddy didn't protest, and instead broke out into a run with Bill right behind him.

When the odd pair got to the bedside of poor Victoire. Teddy paled, both his hair and his face, but he was nowhere near as pale as the girl lying before him.

Victoire was unconscious. He body lay still on the small bed. From her knee down, she was bandaged tightly with red speck and splotches showing through the pristine white bandage. A horde of medical instruments and treatments sat on a nearby table.

"How did this happen?" Teddy demanded of James and Sirius, who were sitting nearby.

"Werewolf." James' voice was raspy and barely audible.

"No," Teddy whispered. He fell into the chair behind him.

"Um, Bill, would you mind giving us a moment along?" Sirius asked him. He nodded, and left the seventh years alone in the Hospital Wing. The only other not aforementioned person there, was Remus; still unconscious himself.

"Teddy, we- um- I'm sorry." James stuttered

"Was Remus the one that bit her?" Teddy asked, bluntly.

"H- how did you know."

"Uh-"

He was cut off by Victoire starting to stir.

(A/N: Okay, I'm sorry. I realise that this is the second (third?) cliff hanger in a row, and I understand your anger. I personally hate cliff hangers, so I don't know why I keep doing this to you. I go back to school on Tuesday, so my schedule is a bit tighter, but I don't have as many (No where near) after school activities so that shouldn't limit me as much as before. Sorry for the spam today. Doing some quick editing things. Thank you all so much for 1.6k+ reads and 200+ votes. I love you all. -Jul)