thirty-two

Chapter 32

Victoire Weasley and Teddy Lupin

When Victoire woke up, she went about her daily morning activities in the normal way. The only thing she did differently was act slightly annoyed at everything. When she followed ALice downstairs, the others were only a little ways behind, she saw that the Marauders were also coming down the stairs. Teddy was already in the common room, sitting down on one of the couches. Teddy's head turned at the noise. He spotted Victoire. His eyes conveyed slight fear and excitement. He sent an inconspicuous wink to her. He turned his head at the other boys coming down the other set of stairs. He realised something.

Teddy was going to have to distance himself. It would be something like what Victoire did during their original fight. It wouldn't be a scratch of believable if they were willing to still be around each other all the time. The fight he had had with James was a perfect cover, too.

"Morning boys." Alice greeted them. They each mumbled a 'Good morning' to the two girls in return. "What's on the menu for today?"

"I don't know." James plopped himself over an armchair. "I thought we could see where the day takes us."

"But first breakfast." Peter pipped up

"We have to wait for Lily, Dorcas, ad Marlene." Alice told him. "They'll be down in a minute, though. Don't worry." Peter looked slightly disappointed, but he brightened up as soon as Sirius opened his mouth.

"It's the last day of our spring break." he said "We should do something to celebrate our vacation."

Vic opened her mouth to speak for the first time since she woke up. "It's a lovely day." She said "We should go outside."

"Of course you think that." Teddy muttered under his breath

"I'm sorry," Vic said sarcastically "Do you have a problem with going outside in the sun? I'm sorry that it's not raining to please your royal highness."

"You're saying I'm high maintenance?" Teddy stared at her in fake disbelief "Really? Have you ever met yourself?"

"Wow.." James pushed out his hands to signal a stop sign "Where did this hostility come from?"

"Really? Don't act like you don't know."

"Teddy, stop acting like you're so righteous. You keep acting like others should know why you're so mad, but you don't even know yourself." Victoire sneered

"I know why I'm mad!"

"No you don't You don't even know why you're yelling at me."

"Yes I do. You just know too, so I don't need to say it." Teddy stubbornly crossed his arms.

"Say it." Victoire ordered

"I- I- If you're so right all the time, than you say it!"

"Fine." Vic spat. "I'm so mad because of what you said, you bastard. You got so mad at me for saying something so tame about your father, that I apologized for, earlier this year, but then like the selfish hypocrite you are, you stab me in the back and say something multiple times worse about my entire family! The family, mind you, that helped raise you, you ungrateful prick."

Everyone sat speechless. Teddy and Victoire were trying their hardest not to laugh. The others were speechless at the sudden fight. Teddy looked around, he kept a glare on his face. He turned back to his love. "No fights in seventeen years. We show up here and two major fights in six months. Maybe this wasn't such a good thing after all." He shot another glare at each of them -including the rest of the girls coming down the stairs- before moving to the portrait hole.

"I wanted to leave!" Vic stood and screamed after him. He stalled. "You're the one who refused to help look. Maybe if you had just looked past the novelty once before right now, we would have prevented all of this." Teddy didn't turn around. He stomped out of the common room.

In the hallway, despite himself. He burst out into laughter. It wasn't so much how her was feeling of the situation or even he thought anything was funny, he just felt awkward. He didn't know what to do with the emotions he was feeling but couldn't show. Hiding emotions was hard. His hair always felt the need to show it off for him. It took energy to control it while feeling extreme emotion. Energy that he was now going to get back with a nap in the Room of Requirement.

Back with the rest of the group, No one had said anything more. The only movement had been victoire sitting back down. Even Lily, Marlene and Dorcas had frozen on the stairs.

"What the hell was that about?" Sirius broke the silence.

"I don't want to talk about it." Vic buried her face in her hands.

"I think you should." Lily moved down the stairs slowly

"No offense, guys, but you're over your head with this fight. Please just drop it." She sighed "Let's just go outside and enjoy the sun." This time so one argued. Slowly the tense and awkward feeling faded. It was still there, but not as noticeable. They were able to relax and enjoy themselves.

Teddy had a nice nap.

(A/N: Hey everyone! I'm in quite a good mood this evening. I've had a fun day of shopping where I got some AMAZING Ravenclaw sweatpants (yes, I'm a Ravenclaw. What's your house?) I also got some news about my health that means quite good things and I'm honestly so glad about that. I hope you enjoy this chapter, Goodnight! -Jul)