forty-four

Chapter 44

"-and then finally we go home." Teddy had finished telling Victoire his gapped plan for the rest of their time travel adventure in the privacy of their flat.

"But that would mean, we'd be leaving soon. Teddy, it's almost September, that would leave us with just over a month and a half left here, if we're leaving on October thirteenth."

"I know Victoire, but we can't stay after the 31st of October. It would be too much." Teddy reasoned. "It has to do with the moon, and the best time is October 13th. I checked the lunar calendar and the next full moon after that is November 11th."

"Fine." Victoire uneasily conceded "you're right." They started in silence for a moment "You know," she said with a half joking smirk "this is going to be a pain in the arse during the full moon, because both of us will be affected, not just you."

"The things we put up with for love." Teddy feigned despair. He eventually broke and bore a similar smirk to his girlfriend. "Let's enjoy our last days here, alright? Well as much as we can." He stood and placed a kiss on Vic's cheek. "I'll get dinner started."

Before Teddy could get very far with his plan of spaghetti and meet balls, they got a knock on the door. Vic and Teddy exchanged a look and Vic pulled out her wand, advancing to the door. They didn't expect anyone to drop by tonight.

Victoire pulled the door open slightly, the chain still on it slider.

"Who is it?" She demanded, not showing her face.

"It's me." The voice said, out of breath. "It's Sirius." Victoire quickly slammed to door shut, unhooked the chain, then reopened it, gicing Sirius a big hug. Sirius pushed her off. "We're supposed to do the questions." Sirius chided her "Remember? Can't go making the order mad, can we?"

Vic rolled her eyes "I know it's you." She said "We don't need to go through every time."

"Yes we do, that's the whole point." Sirius insisted "Now ask me something."

"Fine. What's so special about your motorbike?"

"It can fly!" Sirius said as if he was almost mystified himself by the answer.

"Good, good. Now that all well an good. Come in out of the cold." Victoire finally got him inside.

"Hey Sirius." Teddy greeted him "You staying for dinner?"

"No, I have another late night. I just wanted to stop by to invite you over to my flat a couple days before my birthday on the 31st. I was thinking on the 25th. It's what works best with my work schedule. I swear they're trying to work me to death out there!"

Victoire swallowed uneasily. She was quite sure what to say. She looked to Teddy who answered for them both.

"We'd love to Sirius." He smiled as if everything was normal "Well be sure to bring some gin."

"What's gin?" Sirius furrowed his brow.

"It's a muggle alcahol." Victoire explained "You'd like it."

"Sure. Alright. I'll hold you to that." Sirius moved back towards the door. "So, I'll see you on ethe 25th if I don't see you sooner."

"Bye Sirius." Teddy said. Victoire smiled, not trusting herself to do anything else.

*******

At last the day I came. Tuesday October 13th. Victoire and Teddy packed up what they needed from their flat into their old school trunks and sat in the living room. Together they sat down on their old sofa and wrote a letter.

Dear all,

First off, we would like to apologize. We were too weak to say goodbye in person, so hence the letter.

I ask you to trust us. You will not agree with us, in fact you will most likely hate us by the time everything is said and done. I wouldn't blame you. We have just come to discover that there are some things we cannot do. In the lengthy time it will take for us to meet again, I hope you will come to forgive us. At least try to.

Understand that this wasn't easy for us. Goodbye for a long time.

-V&T

They also wrote two separate letters. Vic wrote one to Alice and Frank, and Teddy wrote one to Remus.

Dear Alice and Frank,

As you may know, by the time you get this, we'll be long gone. I wanted to warn you of something that may save you a fate worse than death.

On the night of October 31st, something will happen to make it seem like it's safe for you to come out of hiding. I ask you to wait until November 2nd until you do.

With love,
-Victoire

Dear Remus,

Things may seem to get worse for you, but I promis you things will get better. If you can, look past the present and to the future. You will have a son who loves you despite your absence. Know that he will be fine once you're gone.

-Teddy L.

(A/N: Oops! I forgot to update yesterday... I'm going out today and I gotta get ready, bye! -Jul)